Anyone come from Grimesthorpe? (Part 2)

Hi Don, You've set me a task and a half there, remembering names from 40+ years ago, I never was very good at names but I do remember some so here goes. The Thiels, (I think you spelt it right) the oldest was Pete and the youngest was Richard.

The other names I remember are:-

Neil Ward

Joe Cooper

John Revill

Rodger Williams

Terry Rhodes

Richard Sharp

Mick Wooton

John Moore (who sometimes posts on here as Johnpm)

Roy Cottam

Barry Reynolds

That's all I can remeber off hand, if I do remember any more I will post them on here, I hope this jogs your memory.

As for the names that you remembered, I remember them except for Robert Tideswell and Gwynn Williams. I don't know why I've drawn a blank on those two.

As for the Life Boys team names, if I remember right, I was in Andrew.

Just a comment on various people named;

Barrie Reynolds lives at Egham near Windsor ( I stay with him every summer & we go to Proms together); Neil Ward lives at Stannington; Joe Cooper moved to Wentworth a year or 2 ago but still goes to Reform Chapel now & again; Richard Sharpe lived at Thirsk but is at Otley I think now. All of them are in good health.

One of the Thiels ( Peter I think) lives on Robey St. Neil Revill is still around too & Mick Wooten I think lives at Chapeltown. Alan Wooten & John Bennett both come to BB Reunions. Gwynn Williams was the Wooton's cousin and he has been to reunions too.

Sadly both Roy and Geoff Cottam died at an early age.

I have often wondered what happened to John Revill - rumour had it he set up a kitchen business many years ago & made a fortune but I don't know how true that is !

Just a comment on various people named;

Barrie Reynolds lives at Egham near Windsor ( I stay with him every summer & we go to Proms together); Neil Ward lives at Stannington; Joe Cooper moved to Wentworth a year or 2 ago but still goes to Reform Chapel now & again; Richard Sharpe lived at Thirsk but is at Otley I think now. All of them are in good health.

One of the Thiels ( Peter I think) lives on Robey St. Neil Revill is still around too & Mick Wooten I think lives at Chapeltown. Alan Wooten & John Bennett both come to BB Reunions. Gwynn Williams was the Wooton's cousin and he has been to reunions too.

Sadly both Roy and Geoff Cottam died at an early age.

I have often wondered what happened to John Revill - rumour had it he set up a kitchen business many years ago & made a fortune but I don't know how true that is !

Hi John, Neil Revill here, I thought you knew that The miller was my user name. Thanks for the info, I knew that Neil Ward lived in Stannington, I used to see him now and again when I lived in Hilsborough. I now live down south in 1066 country, in fact very close to where the Battle took place.

You're right that Mick Wooton lives in Chapeltown.

I knew about geoff Cottam but not about Roy, that is very sad.

As for John Revill, I haven't seen him for over 25 years and I had heard the same rumour as you and I don't know if it's true either, though knowing John, it could be true.

Hi John, Neil Revill here, I thought you knew that The miller was my user name. Thanks for the info, I knew that Neil Ward lived in Stannington, I used to see him now and again when I lived in Hilsborough. I now live down south in 1066 country, in fact very close to where the Battle took place.

You're right that Mick Wooton lives in Chapeltown.

I knew about geoff Cottam but not about Roy, that is very sad.

As for John Revill, I haven't seen him for over 25 years and I had heard the same rumour as you and I don't know if it's true either, though knowing John, it could be true.

john reville was married to my sister in law i will have to ask her what happened to him they used to live on firth park road when they split up

john reville was married to my sister in law i will have to ask her what happened to him they used to live on firth park road when they split up

Was your sister in law Sue Lawrence before she married John Revill, if so, please say hi from me, Neil Revill (no relation to John).

I had heard that they had lived on Firth Park Road and that they had split up.

I have often wondered what happened to John, so it would be great if you could find out.

Like millions across the country I've just been watching one of the best TV programmes in the Calendar. BBC Sports Personality of the Year.

And where was the opening shot taken from, looking down on the Arena ?

You guessed it........................Grimesthorpe.

Like millions across the country I've just been watching one of the best TV programmes in the Calendar. BBC Sports Personality of the Year.

And where was the opening shot taken from, looking down on the Arena ?

You guessed it........................Grimesthorpe.

who won walt.

Hi ya, bearer of bad news again, Robert Tideswell died quite a few years ago, can't remember when but he wasn't very old.

Hi George, Robert used to live in next yard to me, next door to my cousin, Tony Atkinson, if I remember correctly, he passed away in the 70s, he was a year younger than me, (I think), I do know how and where he died, but don't think it wold be correct to post it.

Hi George, Robert used to live in next yard to me, next door to my cousin, Tony Atkinson, if I remember correctly, he passed away in the 70s, he was a year younger than me, (I think), I do know how and where he died, but don't think it wold be correct to post it.

hi Terry, yes, thats what I thought......on a lighter note, I've just bought a lambretta GP150, its in a sorry state at the moment, but hopefully, given a lot of time and money, of course, it will be running again.. long term project, but I hope,not as long as Ralph's bike.

Hi all, just drove passed 'vic' spice shop', sweet shop that used to be by the side of the old Victory cinema, and they are bricking it up, looks like its being converted into a house, another bit of old Grimesthorpe gone.

Hi all Ive just drove down Upwell st & noticed the shop next to the Ball has opened up as a lighting & I think rug shop. It was brightly lit & looked quite nice on such a dismal day.

Was your sister in law Sue Lawrence before she married John Revill, if so, please say hi from me, Neil Revill (no relation to John).

I had heard that they had lived on Firth Park Road and that they had split up.

I have often wondered what happened to John, so it would be great if you could find out.

yes john was married to sue lawrenson they did live on firth park rd they divorced about 20 yrs since or more sorry cant get ant info on him

think its daphne or mary suter who had the corner shop.

hi lady c,my hubby saw joan suter yesterday and he asked her about shop.

she said it was grandma charlotte and auntie mary.(

her words)

should see her myself this week.