Anyone come from Grimesthorpe? (Part 2)

hi all you grimey wallers,anyone noticed our attercliffe neighbours are on part 2.sheila

p.s.welldone Janie-m

hi all you grimey wallers,anyone noticed our attercliffe neighbours are on part 2.sheila

p.s.welldone Janie-m

any one know why there is a part 2??????

No Susan, but I hope it's a long running series.

Hi,

I asked the administrator, and this is the reply that I got.

"Hi, the thread has only been closed, no posts have been deleted. You can still quote people then copy the text over and write your message on the new thread.

Basically when a thread gets more than 1000 responses it costs the forum much more money to host it and to add replies to it. We made the decision to close the thread and create a new part. The discussion should continue as normal on the new thread."

So basically just carry on as before, and let the memories start rolling again.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Hi,

"Hi, the thread has only been closed, no posts have been deleted. You can still quote people then copy the text over and write your message on the new thread.

Basically when a thread gets more than 1000 responses it costs the forum much more money to host it and to add replies to it. We made the decision to close the thread and create a new part. The discussion should continue as normal on the new thread."

So basically just carry on as before, and let the memories start rolling again.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Hi Spitlip,

I emailed the administrator too but haven't received a reply yet. Like Sheila I also noticed that the Attercliffe thread and the Parsons Cross thread which were the other two largest threads have been locked as well. As you say we're lucky that we're still going and we just carry on from here.

Dors.

Hi,

Come on then SPLITLIP

Let's have your memories :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Hi all. Glad you had a good reunion,I'm sorry I missed it. I've just caught up with all the postings. (It's a long story, trying to get my head round a new computer) Piggy Green's horse n cart was mentioned, I can recall having a ride on it, when I was going home from school one day. I think he must have worked for the council, because he went along shoveling the piles of dirt into the cart, that the road sweeper had left. Then he took it to a council yard at the top of Dunmow road. Can anyone else remember that yard? It was a long time ago, some of you wouldn't have even been born. Can you tell me who has been bullied of this site? And does anyone still hear from lalola.

Hi Gemini

I havent seen anything of lalola for ages. I pm'd her when it showed on the forum that it was her birthday. Perhaps she has no access to the internet anymore.

Hi Nettie,

Wat are you doing still on that computer. Get to bed!

Dors.

hi dors did you ever know of a clee street or some thing like that off alfred road??? susan (sheilas sis)x

Come on then SPLITLIP

Let's have your memories :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I remember my sister having a crush on a Mr. French & M. Wooten, hows that for a memory:hihi::hihi:

I remember my sister having a crush on a Mr. French & M. Wooten, hows that for a memory:hihi::hihi:

hi splitlip i realise canada is a big place but do you know john and elaine shaw who where originally from grimey if so are they anywhere near you as i have been trying to find a contact for elaine thanks susan x

Hi Gemini

I havent seen anything of lalola for ages. I pm'd her when it showed on the forum that it was her birthday. Perhaps she has no access to the internet anymore.

I haven't heard from her for ages either. I thought that I had her email address but can't find it. John Holbrook is her father isn't he? Is anyone in contact with him?

Dors.

hi dors did you ever know of a clee street or some thing like that off alfred road??? susan (sheilas sis)x

Hi Susan,

I can only think of Fleet St. that sounded like that. Might be able find some old maps of the area and have a look. Let you know if I come up with anything.

Dors.