Anyone come from Grimesthorpe? (Part 2)

hello Mattball sorry your loss I know marie and ken we played football in the back yard on Cyclops St I don't think we smashed many windows later years I played with your Paul and Ken take care hehe

---------- Post added 21-02-2014 at 10:32 ----------

hello Mattbell sorry your loss I know marie and ken we played football in the back yard on Cyclops St I don't think we smashed many windows later years I played with your Paul and Ken take care hehe

in your post to matt bell you say you played football with me and our Paul.would love to know who you are could you send me a message.

Off topic here but can anyone tell me what pub was above the "who can tell" , I was asked by a friend in the pub last week and can't remember.

I can remember a few in the area but not sure which was closest to the "who can tell "

Thanks for any help

To my recollection I think it's the Crown on ( Crown Hill ) Carlisle Road. Jean J

To my recollection I think it's the Crown on ( Crown Hill ) Carlisle Road. Jean J

Your right Jean,or the Hodson.Hope your well.x

-------------

Hi Jean, I recone the crown pub to had good nights in there. Brian

Thanks Jean that did come to mind but it's many years since I was over that way :thumbsup::thumbsup:

James "booky jim" edward Stocks, son of the late bill (87 yrs) and dearest gladys (100 yrs), brothers billy & jon, sister to sylvia, joyce, sheila, rosemary, angela & carol. Beloved wife to Pam, father of nicholas johnathon & craig. Grimesthorpe pig farmer & grocery deliveryman, national serviceman and latterly Hallcar street simon john bookmakers passed away 15th May 2014 age 83 years. A giant of the old community called upon by many for help & guidance from all creeds and a gentleman throughout, the likes of which never to be seen again, lest we meet again dear father.

James "booky jim" edward Stocks, son of the late bill (87 yrs) and dearest gladys (100 yrs), brothers billy & jon, sister to sylvia, joyce, sheila, rosemary, angela & carol. Beloved wife to Pam, father of nicholas johnathon & craig. Grimesthorpe pig farmer & grocery deliveryman, national serviceman and latterly Hallcar street simon john bookmakers passed away 15th May 2014 age 83 years. A giant of the old community called upon by many for help & guidance from all creeds and a gentleman throughout, the likes of which never to be seen again, lest we meet again dear father.

New Nick very well deepest condolences to you all....

I used to work with nick at p w d in the 80s sorry for your loss

Off topic but would anyone know if a Rita Thompson is still around.my sister in law Margaret would like to know.

I was in Millhouses Park with my grandchildren today and seeing them have their first paddle on the boats on the boating lake evoked many childhood memories of my own. I could vividly remember going to the park with my mum and dad on the number 17 bus from Upwell Street I just wondered if any one else remembers making such a long journey, having picnics in the park, splashing in the paddling pool and sailing in the paddle boats. One strong memory I have is my mum taking us one day just after it had rained and the scent from the wall flowers in the flower beds is one I will never forget. Happy Days!

Bullitt are you nicks younger brother?? I seem to recall the name:confused: