Anyone come from Grimesthorpe? (Part 2)

---------------

Hiya Walt, Seen a few faces some i can't put names to them

but 2nd row up 4th one on is John Howe next to him is Harry but can't

remember secone name. 7th on is Les Cudsworth and 9th on is

Charlie Wise. Hope your well. Brian.

Hi Brian, You are right about Les but I don't think that is Charlie Wise. Amy Wise is not there either & I am sure that if one went, the other would too as other officers have taken wives.

Best wishes, John

Hi Johnpm,

I think the officer sat on the left side of Les Cusworth is Philip Thoday from the 23rd Beck Road Co.

Hi Johnpm,

I think the officer sat on the left side of Les Cusworth is Philip Thoday from the 23rd Beck Road Co.

Hi Clown, Would Phillip Thoday be dad of Michael (I think) Thoday who I remember was similar age to me?

Hi Johnpm,

Do you mean Mick Thoday, and no its not him. Its Mr Stephenson an officer at 21st Boys Brigade Company . At the time he lived on Birdwell Road in Grimesthorpe.

Do you mean Mick Thoday, and no its not him. Its Mr Stephenson an officer at 21st Boys Brigade Company . At the time he lived on Birdwell Road in Grimesthorpe.
The picture was in saturdays star along with Bland st mums taking it to Kent with a few other star newspapers

:hihi:

hi were did mike swords live then:huh:

Mick (Buler) Swords lived in the back to back cottages on Upwell Street, you could access their yard either from Upwell Street side of Williams`s house or off Chambers Lane. Same yard as Kelvin Holland (Flake) and Christifors.

solujon how did he get that knick name he sat next to me at school can any one remember mrs hamilton from grimesthorpe jr school and how did john carnell get blink as his knick name

Sad news - Irene Reynolds rung me last night to say that Bessie Cusworth died last Tuesday just short of her 90th birthday

---------------

Hiya, Welcome to the club and feel free to join in with the gossip.

Brian. :hihi::hihi::hihi:

---------- Post added 21-10-2013 at 12:45 ----------

----------------

Hiya Jean j, Our Norma's uncle lived at No50 botham st

his name was Tommy Gould, that was in Lily Marsh yard left hand side

going down.

The rooms in his house was same as yours. Brian.

---------- Post added 21-10-2013 at 16:33 ----------

----------------

Hi Skippy, Just been looking on assie map, was the fire anywhere

near Darlington point. Brian.

---------- Post added 22-10-2013 at 18:39 ----------

-----------------------

http://i694.photobucket.com/albums/vv309/brian1941/Gowerstchurch022_zps57603c66.jpg

Hiya Sheila, :wave: Another picture of gower st, is that Elsmere rd leading

upto that chuch at top, not sure if it did stand at top of sunderland rd.

Brian.

The church at the top was All Saints Church and its on Sutherland Road (not Sunderland) at the bottom of the road was Sutherland Baths as well.

Woodturner

The church at the top was All Saints Church and its on Sutherland Road (not Sunderland) at the bottom of the road was Sutherland Baths as well.

Woodturner

Great times in there can remember Mr Scott learned a few of us swim!

Just come back from the school run to find the bulldozers knocking down St holidays church, so sad, those lovely stone pillars being knocked to the ground :-(

hello could anyone tell me if there is still any pigeon lofts on Grimesthorpe Rd