Anyone come from Grimesthorpe? (Part 2)

Can any former Grimesthorpe BB members identify anyone from this 21st and 53rd BB Camp at Sheringham about 1962. Come on TFishcake and Hawkshead Boy you are pictured on here!

bbsheringham_zpse9b37aaf.jpg

Can any former Grimesthorpe BB members identify anyone from this 21st and 53rd BB Camp at Sheringham about 1962. Come on TFishcake and Hawkshead Boy you are pictured on here!

Is that Tfishcake 3rd from the left front row?

From the 53rd I can see Les Cusworth & I think Ian Pinhorn is back row 5th from left (as you look at it). I recognise lad to Ian's right from 53rd but can't give him a name. I think Neil Ward may be 5th from left on middle row with Les Minnis to his left. I have sent photo to Neil for him to let us know if its him & if so when was it.

I am surprised that the 53rd has so few there.

Chris Crossey thinks some of the 42nd (probably actually 21st Platoon at the time) are there too & its the time when Roy Crossey was involved in it.

John

Edited by johnpm

From the 53rd I can see Les Cusworth & I think Ian Pinhorn is back row 5th from left (as you look at it). I recognise lad to Ian's right from 53rd but can't give him a name. I think Neil Ward may be 5th from left on middle row with Les Minnis to his left. I have sent photo to Neil for him to let us know if its him & if so when was it.

I am surprised that the 53rd has so few there.

Chris Crossey thinks some of the 42nd (probably actually 21st Platoon at the time) are there too & its the time when Roy Crossey was involved in it.

John

I thought the guy 5th from the left was Roy Crossey?

Christine Minnis first on the left second row, is that her Mother at the opposite end? and Keith Ball front row last but one, that's all I can contribute I'm afraid!

hi were did mike swords live then:huh:

I thought the guy 5th from the left was Roy Crossey?

Christine Minnis first on the left second row, is that her Mother at the opposite end? and Keith Ball front row last but one, that's all I can contribute I'm afraid!

Confusion ! Neil Ward (if its him) is 5th from left second row down, Roy Crossey 5th from left 3rd row down. Apparently it what taken a few years before Roy & Chris were married (1968).

You are right it is Cliff Minnis' wife at far end

Edited by johnpm

Is that Tfishcake 3rd from the left front row?

That's him Sheila

That's him Sheila

He's only missing the tash Walt.

He's only missing the tash Walt.

oi!!! cheeky, lol.

top row :- 8th from left, Paul Haywood

next row ;- 3rd left:- John Simms, 6th, Les Minnis, 7th, Keith Hicks, 11th, Neil Reville

next row :- 5th left, Roy Crossey, 6th, Cliff Minnis,

bottom:- 3rd left, Me (Terry Fisher), 7th, Steve Hallam, 9th Yogi, ( hawkeshead boy)

I was the only one from the 50th, Wesley Hall

Edited by TFishcake

Others not already mentioned are Back row 2nd left, the late Brian Locker, far right Howard Quibell. Third row 3rd left John Simms, 9th left the late Graham Lee, 10th left John Stephenson. Second Row 1st left Mrs Stephenson, 8th left Mr Stephenson (not Mr Haywood) and front row far right Margaret Stephenson.

---------------

Hiya Walt, Seen a few faces some i can't put names to them

but 2nd row up 4th one on is John Howe next to him is Harry but can't

remember secone name. 7th on is Les Cudsworth and 9th on is

Charlie Wise. Hope your well. Brian.

Hope you dont mind but I sent a picture to the the Retro in the Star ?