Anyone come from Grimesthorpe? (Part 2)

a lad in my class at grimesthorpe and owler lane lived on chambers lane his name was john carnell

Hi all, There used to be a message on that wall saying "Welcome Home Boys" I remember my dad saying it was for the lads when they came back from the war. Next to Homericthe tall building was where the cars was builtWhen I was going to Grimesthorpe Sshool in the early fifities it was a coach repair business. I can remember stopping to watch. Later it became part of Homeric, the top floor was a warehouse and the ground floor had the chromium plating baths. nice to hear from you Nettie hope you are keeping well?

The old houses at the top of Chambers Lane were still there in the early 60s I use to delivery the Star to one of the houses in 62. Vic Betts lived in one of them.

a lad in my class at grimesthorpe and owler lane lived on chambers lane his name was john carnell

Went to school with John Chappel he lived down there then went up to the oval at firth park....when they started demolishing everything in sight:hihi:

The old houses at the top of Chambers Lane were still there in the early 60s I use to delivery the Star to one of the houses in 62. Vic Betts lived in one of them.

Yes you are probably right.My 2 aunts and uncle moved out in 1963.The names I remember are the Smallwoods the Betts and the Littlewoods

Yes you are probably right.My 2 aunts and uncle moved out in 1963.The names I remember are the Smallwoods the Betts and the Littlewoods

And Chappels, Annie stood for no nonsense, a old workmate of mine lived around the back called Pete Prior. John Carnell lived at the Arms end of Chambers lane in the yard before the dyke, I think its a tyre place now.

And Chappels, Annie stood for no nonsense, a old workmate of mine lived around the back called Pete Prior. John Carnell lived at the Arms end of Chambers lane in the yard before the dyke, I think its a tyre place now.

Annie Chappell that brought back memories.My grandmother lived in the yard facing the bowling green until 1962.The houses were like something out of Dickens.Still with the old gas mantels on the wall

Please pass our condolances on to the family, as you know the Dunns have always been part of my life. Tell your mum to ring Annette anytime she needs to talk, We have also let Janis know and she sends her love.

David

Thanks David, I suppose the "Dunn's" have been in your life for such a long time.

hello Mattball sorry your loss I know marie and ken we played football in the back yard on Cyclops St I don't think we smashed many windows later years I played with your Paul and Ken take care hehe

---------- Post added 21-02-2014 at 10:32 ----------

hello Mattbell sorry your loss I know marie and ken we played football in the back yard on Cyclops St I don't think we smashed many windows later years I played with your Paul and Ken take care hehe

hello Mattball sorry your loss I know marie and ken we played football in the back yard on Cyclops St I don't think we smashed many windows later years I played with your Paul and Ken take care hehe

---------- Post added 21-02-2014 at 10:32 ----------

hello Mattbell sorry your loss I know marie and ken we played football in the back yard on Cyclops St I don't think we smashed many windows later years I played with your Paul and Ken take care hehe

Hi hehe we laid Auntie Marie to rest today. A lovely service and a good send off. It was also a big Dunn reunion too, I've told them to get on here and have a look around.