Anyone come from Grimesthorpe? (Part 2)

Me too Cuz :thumbsup:nice to hear from you hows things at your side x

We're all fine ta, busy working and looking for holidays, I hate having the chore of looking, it was soooo much easier when all we knew was skeg :hihi: x

--------------

Hi Jim, Think we had the biggest and best fire in grimesthorpe,

Did you know Mr Taffinder from Cyclops st he use to dump us

loads of wood from factories. hope your ok. Brian.

Hi Brian,Yes i remember him bringing the wood and me having to hang about to stop the kids off Bothem st from setting light to it.I thought this was the land being asked about as i cant think of any other opposite the top right hand houses on Cyclops st.I can remember some old doors being left and our neighbour taking them to make a fence in the garden ,talk about recycling being a new idea.:huh:

jad279 that is the land am talking about I carnt remember anything on there

Odd pigeon loft here and there cant remember owt else only the corner shop!

.Hi all, ;)

Yes. Dave Drabble now lives at Aughton with his wife and family.

Thru the gap at the top of the houses all way along behind the houses on the left all the way down to Petre St was all empty apart from the odd loft when i lived on Cyclop St.The in later years a cash and carry warehouse was built but that would be in the 70,s.It used to be our playground,then over to Graves car park for a 45 a side football match.:)

What have you been up to Gary Clarke? :) Hope you find your Dad Synth.

got a p.m from synth she (I think synth is a she)is 90% sure she found her dad all the bits of the puzzle fit but why she would call him Father beats me ,very easy to get a girl pregnant but what you do after tells the wheat from the chaff:suspect::suspect:

got a p.m from synth she (I think synth is a she)is 90% sure she found her dad all the bits of the puzzle fit but why she would call him Father beats me ,very easy to get a girl pregnant but what you do after tells the wheat from the chaff:suspect::suspect:[/QU

And this is relevant to Grimesthorpe in what way?

got a p.m from synth she (I think synth is a she)is 90% sure she found her dad all the bits of the puzzle fit but why she would call him Father beats me ,very easy to get a girl pregnant but what you do after tells the wheat from the chaff:suspect::suspect:[/QU

And this is relevant to Grimesthorpe in what way?

because many of the comments and reply's re synth was on this thread and just maybe connected to Grimsthorpe:confused::confused:

You are right Brian. I think the building next to the toilets was a caretakers store. I also seem to remember the drain in the yard that is clearly visible to the left outside the schoolroom. Also a small garden outside the end of the schoolroom; you can just see its retaining wall at the side of the drainpipe going down the building.

John

Hi John,

I took this pic yesterday from outside the gate. Despite my previous reservations, it's convinced me that the location is the same as your pic. on page 311. The brick houses must have been just behind the dyke which, I noted, runs parallel to and at the side of Upwell Street at that point, and maybe the houses backed onto the same yard as the houses on Upwell Lane.

Regards, Peter.

PetersPhonedownload4thFeb2014026_zpsc37ac603.jpg

Edited by PeterR

because many of the comments and reply's re synth was on this thread and just maybe connected to Grimsthorpe:confused::confused:

No connection to Grimesthorpe whatsoever why try to get involved in something you know nowt about:loopy:

Edited by pigeon
x

I'll run it past you again Flyer.....This has what to do with reminiscences of Grimesthorpe?

Just answering a remark re Synth by Janie ,would seem according to P.M Synth mother was a Grimesthorpe girl , but why are you only asking me when dozens of none Grimesthorpe reply .are you looking for more?? P.S dont think it reads "REMINISENCES I could be wrong but think it says Anybody From

Edited by flyer
add