Anyone come from Grimesthorpe? (Part 2)

Going back to the police box, somebody's got a picture on the thread showing the back and what appears to be a black fixture at the back of the box. After much thought I'm thinking that could be the trough, if that's the case the person that said it was parallel with Earl Marshall Rd might be correct (and it makes more sense anyway) and I was wrong in my assumption that it was the other way.

Yes actually .........x I remember Josie Herbert living on robey street she ended up on hinde house lane she was still there when I left..........

You lived on Hinde House Lane?

Left hand side going up opposite those houses that stand back?

I've seen you round Woodhouse!

I have a friends in woodhouse .....x

Edited by esme
Quote tags

Ahh, knew there must be a connection somewhere!

Edited by esme
Quote tags

Ahh, knew there must be a connection somewhere!

well its no secret I have friends in sheffield and all over the place so what`s your point if you have something to say, say it

Edited by esme
Quote tags

well its no secret I have friends in sheffield and all over the place so what`s your point if you have something to say, say it

Actually I was wondering if you still had those dumbells for sale?

Hi Brian1941 & fleetwood, This photo is a real poser! I think it might be Geoff Cottam on left of front row . I am not sure about Ian Reynolds - he may be to the right behind the bass drum. You are right re Graham Wells. Not certain but it may be Leonard Foster 3rd from left on front. I don't recognise officer top left (although he looks slightly familier) & the man 4th from left on back as well as a number of the boys, so I think it might have been some joint occasion say camp or 4th District band (shame there is no background to show where it was taken). If I am right about Ian Reynolds I think the photo must be 1955 just before I left Life Boys as I am not on it. Its a shame Ian & Les are not still with us to tell us what it is.

Any chance of contacting The Star to make contact with person who sent it to them as hopefully they would know?

Cheers, John

Hi John.

Could top L H corner be Harry Jarvis

I see Graham regularly and have printed a copy for him. Maybe he will recognise some faces.

T

Actually I was wondering if you still had those dumbells for sale?

--------------

Whats this about Dumbells, where-what-why, who as some. :suspect:

Hi im new to the Thread, can anyone tell me the where about's of Christine Goodlad

who's grandmother lived on Skelwith Road in the sixties...

Going back to the police box, somebody's got a picture on the thread showing the back and what appears to be a black fixture at the back of the box. After much thought I'm thinking that could be the trough, if that's the case the person that said it was parallel with Earl Marshall Rd might be correct (and it makes more sense anyway) and I was wrong in my assumption that it was the other way.

---------------

Hiya Fleetwood, Look on page 237 -no 5918- 5925-5905,

there was never a trough put there in Grimesthorpe, although i was

so sure myself there was one. no records in sheffield library. Brian.

---------- Post added 03-10-2013 at 19:55 ----------

Sure it was Bri,mum/dad moved 72 also.I was on Cyclops st but left 72.

http://i694.photobucket.com/albums/vv309/brian1941/WoodhillHouse-2013_zps88b707d4.jpg

Hi Sheila, Thought i'd send you picture there are two homes up/and

running on Grimesthorpe rd.

I supose you've guessed that by now, hope your ok and yer mate Jean j.

Brian x.

Edited by brian1941
wording

Hi John.

Could top L H corner be Harry Jarvis

I see Graham regularly and have printed a copy for him. Maybe he will recognise some faces.

T

Hi Tony, I think Harry Jarvis is tall staff sergeant in back row directly behind bass drum. Its a poor photo though. I have written to Star to try to get name of person who posted it & to get a better image.

---------------

Hiya Fleetwood, Look on page 237 -no 5918- 5925-5905,

there was never a trough put there in Grimesthorpe, although i was

so sure myself there was one. no records in sheffield library. Brian.

---------- Post added 03-10-2013 at 19:55 ----------

http://i694.photobucket.com/albums/vv309/brian1941/WoodhillHouse-2013_zps88b707d4.jpg

Hi Sheila, Thought i'd send you picture there are two homes up/and

running on Grimesthorpe rd.

I supose you've guessed that by now, hope your ok and yer mate Jean j.

Brian x.

Hi Brian,

My mother died at the bottom one opposite the school in 1999.

I found her a place there as she lived a few yards away on Adsetts Street between 1938 and 1957. Sadly she didn't seem to understand though.

Regards Peter.

Can anyone remember what the church was call in gower st, it was

opposite the post office and row of shops.

Not sure when it was knocked down.