Anyone come from Grimesthorpe? (Part 2)

Just been catching up, the twins with red hair, would that be Janet and Kathleen Price?

---------- Post added 27-08-2013 at 21:21 ----------

I think that is because we lived in close knit communities and we could go out to play with our friends for hours on end, kids who went to Grimesthorpe School had friends living in the Owler Lane area, Page Hall, upper and lower Grimesthorpe, and the churches and youth clubs attracted children from as far away as Firth Park, so the areas did merge in to one. Also our mums had no need to go into the town centre to shop as all their needs were to hand in the locality.

Yes CBB your right, Grimesthorpe and Owler Lane Schools had big catchment areas and it was safe to walk to friends houses at Page Hall and Fir Vale.

I think that is because we lived in close knit communities and we could go out to play with our friends for hours on end, kids who went to Grimesthorpe School had friends living in the Owler Lane area, Page Hall, upper and lower Grimesthorpe, and the churches and youth clubs attracted children from as far away as Firth Park, so the areas did merge in to one. Also our mums had no need to go into the town centre to shop as all their needs were to hand in the locality.

Yes they did merge into one I did live in Grimesthorpe...............x

---------- Post added 27-08-2013 at 21:46 ----------

-------------

Jean /Sheila, I'am not fully sure but soon as i'am intouch with our

norma i've got a feeling she might know but keep trying Guys.

There were a Mrs & Mrs johnson that worked at the victory picture

house that live in Botham st, these people i've mentioned lived

near them. :confused::confused:

Pam Johnson was Karen shearns cousin , The shearns went to live on the oval at firth park Karen still lives in the area Ann Johnson did live near Concord sports centre not sure about Sue Johnson but she local still I think.........x

Edited by sand_dollars

Hi everybody,i don't post on here very often but I have just seen a name from my past, Mark Askham. If you wouldn't mind Pigeon, could you mention Tom Pinder to Mark when you next see him. He was(is) a friend of Gary Sargeant and Edgar Bird. Thanks in advance.

Message passed on Tom plz pm mob number Mark wants a chat asked if you still play centre forward:hihi:

Attended the funeral today of an old Grimesthorpe Girl, Karen Ball from Hawkshead Rd, had a catch up with her brother Keith (Yogi) a lovely man.

Yes they did merge into one I did live in Grimesthorpe...............x

---------- Post added 27-08-2013 at 21:46 ----------

Pam Johnson was Karen shearns cousin , The shearns went to live on the oval at firth park Karen still lives in the area Ann Johnson did live near Concord sports centre not sure about Sue Johnson but she local still I think.........x

So this Ann johnson did she live in botham st and did she work at

the Victory cinema on upwell st. :confused:

yes they did not sure about the cinema ok but if you need to contact Karen I have her address

---------- Post added 28-08-2013 at 15:56 ----------

Karen lives with he long term partner Garfield his family are Jamacian she has 2 lovely sons Bradley and Ryan .............x

---------- Post added 28-08-2013 at 15:57 ----------

The Johnsons and the shearns are related

Edited by sand_dollars

yes they did not sure about the cinema ok but if you need to contact Karen I have her address

---------- Post added 28-08-2013 at 15:56 ----------

Karen lives with he long term partner Garfield his family are Jamacia she has 2 lovely sons Bradley and Ryan .............x

---------- Post added 28-08-2013 at 15:57 ----------

The Johnsons and the shearns are related

--------------

Thanks for info sand-dollars, thats ok i was just curious, i knew them

as passing friends. :thumbsup:

--------------

Thanks for info sand-dollars, thats ok i was just curious, i knew them

as passing friends. :thumbsup:

no problem at all , I still remember Karen dad`s tash what a whopper that was .........x

Thanks pigeon,pm sent[hopefully] as for playing centre forward, not since leaving school.

Sorry Brian not getting back to you,Ann messaged me her dad worked at the Empire,family of Johnsons lived opposite the chippie on botham st that worked at the Vic.Sheila.

---------- Post added 28-08-2013 at 20:52 ----------

-------------

Jean J, Our norma said there was some johnsons that lived in

a yard across from hooker pub, Alan west and john hancock lived

in same yard, now, morma's cousin tony married one of the Johnson

girls.

---------- Post added 25-08-2013 at 19:36 ----------

----------------

Hi Sheila, Our norma seems to think they were twins in top yard of the

butlers opposit the Mrs Lily bows.

------

also she new three sister in the yard up steps you mentioned across

from bus stop, she also new a david shaw- his sister was a dancer.

Hope you having a good day, Brian.

That's right Bri they lived opp mrs bows.david Shaws sister was Susan i think,moved to Canada came back a good few years ago for a holiday and they had a reunion our Sue went.

---------- Post added 28-08-2013 at 20:58 ----------

Sorry Brian not getting back to you,Ann messaged me her dad worked at the Empire,family of Johnsons lived opposite the chippie on botham st that worked at the Vic.Sheila.

That's right Bri they lived opp mrs bows.david Shaws sister was Susan i think,moved to Canada came back a good few years ago for a holiday and they had a reunion our Sue went.

Thinking about it Bri opposite the wooker there was an house corner botham/ruthin st looked as though it had some kind of small extension built on sure it was painted a burgundy colour,think they were Johnsons.

---------- Post added 28-08-2013 at 21:01 ----------

---------- Post added 28-08-2013 at 20:58 ----------

Thinking about it Bri opposite the wooker there was an house corner botham/ruthin st looked as though it had some kind of small extension built on sure it was painted a burgundy colour,think they were Johnsons.

I'll ask Linda Hanwell she'll know.

Hi Sheila/Bri David Shaw's sister was called Elaine, Susan was one of the Shearn's. Jean

Attended the funeral today of an old Grimesthorpe Girl, Karen Ball from Hawkshead Rd, had a catch up with her brother Keith (Yogi) a lovely man.

Sad news, I knew Karen as a teenager, through my friendship with Keith. My condolences to Keith and her family.