Anyone come from Grimesthorpe? (Part 2)

Went to Sutherland Rd. Baths and to Little Wembley so much. Many happy memories. I remember going to a shop somewhee on a corner opposite the baths and buying a penny breadcake or broken biscuits when we had been swimming. Do you have any photos of Ellesmere youth club Dave?

Hello JUst where was Little Wembley i cant remember it ,may be before my time:confused:

Hello JUst where was Little Wembley i cant remember it ,may be before my time:confused:

Hi Jad,the little wembly was facing the baths which was on Sutherland rd.Think it's used as a skip hire yard now?

Hi Jad,the little wembly was facing the baths which was on Sutherland rd.Think it's used as a skip hire yard now?

Thanks for the info ,i remember the baths well from our school swimming lessons ,a quick change and then drip dry.:hihi:

http://i694.photobucket.com/albums/vv309/brian1941/Fire-Wigfallsshop-1984_zpsc4750f5a.jpg

I hope this picture show's up, anyone remember Wigfalls shop been on fire

in Fitzalan sq 1984, was said to have been Sabotage.

I think it then open as a drug store, now some bookies shop.

---------- Post added 20-05-2013 at 15:23 ----------

http://i694.photobucket.com/albums/vv309/brian1941/Wigfallsinsq_zps1b0956c6.jpg

Another picture of how Henry Wigfalls shop looked.

Who had dealings with them have you any memories of Wigfalls, what did you buy,

i had a twin tub washer when i got Married in 1968, and they never took it back

off me for none payment. paid up in one. haha

Just been looking at a thread about the Alex' bottem of Crown Hill, someone is asking the name of the pub on Newall Rd opposite Kaisers( I think later known as Sandersons) corner of Don Rd, any offers?

Just been looking at a thread about the Alex' bottem of Crown Hill, someone is asking the name of the pub on Newall Rd opposite Kaisers( I think later known as Sandersons) corner of Don Rd, any offers?

Just posted on it george,dont know why i know all the pub names.

Was she stood on Wigfall's steps opposite where she lived,i lived on hunsley st and know eileen,didn't she live in Sutcliffe's yard?

---------- Post added 17-05-2013 at 17:01 ----------

It was on the corner of Maxwell St Doreen,bang opposite the baths then it was turned into an hairdressers.Hope your both well,And could you stop your hubby insulting me on F/B.:hihi:

Thanks Sheila. We are both well. Don't know that I can do anything about Trev insulting you on Facebook - you love it anyway and you can give as good as you get.

Didn`t they call it the Don!

Didn`t they call it the Don!

It was the Forge Solujon,then just over the bridge going towards Attercliffe it was the Lodge.Sheila

It was the Forge Solujon,then just over the bridge going towards Attercliffe it was the Lodge.Sheila

Thats it, sorry about that was there a pub called `The Don`, I know there was a Don Picture House don`t ask me where forgot.:help:

Thats it, sorry about that was there a pub called `The Don`, I know there was a Don Picture House don`t ask me where forgot.:help:

Let you know if i find out,hubby came from attercliffe he may know.

---------- Post added 23-05-2013 at 15:36 ----------

Let you know if i find out,hubby came from attercliffe he may know.

Apparently it was on the opposite corner to the Wellington on Brightside lane.

don't know about picture house.

Betting Shop.

Can anyone remember the Bookies some-where towards bottom end of

Addsetts st, my way down the St was between Hodson pub and a cafe across.

The Bookies shop was on a corner at bottom of st, i cant even remember

that st, but what was the Bookies shop name. thanks