Anyone come from Grimesthorpe? (Part 2)

Thanks for pointing the way cat631 to the post with the pictures on, that must have been hard work. I haven't looked at all the pictures, but in Church and Chapel people I spotted Neil, The Miller on this forum. Gone but not forgotten.

http://www.flickr.com

Since Dors started the 'Anyone From Grimesthorpe' thread in 2006, many of us have posted pictures of people and places in old Grimesthorpe. Unfortunately, as the posts move on, many pictures and photos are lost or forgotten. Most of those downloaded from Picture Sheffield have gone, I assume there must be a time limit on them.

Searching for a particular photo is difficult due to only being able to see the Photobucket address and not the actual photo .

Flickr is a photo sharing site where pictures are easily found and viewed.

To get started, please click on the above link to get to the Flickr home page.

In the SEARCH box type,' cat631' and click Search. Ignore the photos that appear.

Go to the top of the page and three options: Photos, Groups, People, click on People.

On this page click on the Icon of Grimesthorpe School to 'cat631s' photostream and some familiar pictures.

On the right of the page are some more familiar thumbnails or SETS.

Scroll to the bottom and click MORE SETS.

Here, you will find all the Grimesthorpe Thread photos.

To view them choose: THUMBNAIL, DETAIL, or SLIDESHOW options. Please have a look, most of you will be on here somewhere.

If you wish to comment or add a name to a photo, you need to sign up to Flickr which is easy and free.

Finally, if anyone objects to their photos appearing on here, please indicate which ones and I will remove them.

I hope you enjoy seeing them again. Regards, Ralph.

Hi cat631, I have just spent the last hour and a half looking through your pics.Absolutely brilliant.

Although I am not a Grimesthorpian ( I'm originally a Page Hall Lad ) I do like to read this thread on a regular basis. I have contributed to it a few times myself. I know quite a few of the people on here as well. I was very surprised to see people from your reunion nights who I know but didn't realise that they were originally from Grimesthorpe. My brother in law is on a couple of the photo's. Talking of the old photo's, I remember some of those sights very well. I used to work at Brown Bayley's and would walk from Page Hall to Attercliffe through Grimesthorpe on a regular basis. Thanks for bringing some fond memories back.

Sowters in grimesthorpe??? who were they ?

Yes David lived next door to me at no 1 winco road. His mum was called Minnie. His big brother though was called Ronnie Ford. he married a girl called Eileen Benn and they had two children Lisa and Jackie. i'm Susan Boardman from no 3 winco road. what happened to Carol Macdonald from Wincobank Lane?

Yes David lived next door to me at no 1 winco road. His mum was called Minnie. His big brother though was called Ronnie Ford. he married a girl called Eileen Benn and they had two children Lisa and Jackie. i'm Susan Boardman from no 3 winco road. what happened to Carol Macdonald from Wincobank Lane?

When was this and were any of the family publicans way back?

Susan you must know my sister Janice Butler!

When was this and were any of the family publicans way back?

I lived there from 1950-1967 then we moved to Stocksbridge. No publicans in the family as far as I know.

---------- Post added 15-12-2012 at 09:35 ----------

Susan you must know my sister Janice Butler!

Yes I sure do. We were good mates at one time. Some years ago we spotted each other in the Northern General. Hope she is well.

Hi Cat, Have just been looking at the photos, they really brought back loads of happy memoirs. There is one with a question mark, I think it is Firvale (where the traffic lights are now) looking from the old hospital gate down towards Owler Lane, the church spire threw me though, but could it be the church, long gone, on Wincobank Lane.

Since Dors started the 'Anyone From Grimesthorpe' thread in 2006, many of us have posted pictures of people and places in old Grimesthorpe. Unfortunately, as the posts move on, many pictures and photos are lost or forgotten. Most of those downloaded from Picture Sheffield have gone, I assume there must be a time limit on them.

Searching for a particular photo is difficult due to only being able to see the Photobucket address and not the actual photo .

Flickr is a photo sharing site where pictures are easily found and viewed.

To get started, please click on the above link to get to the Flickr home page.

In the SEARCH box type,' cat631' and click Search. Ignore the photos that appear.

Go to the top of the page and three options: Photos, Groups, People, click on People.

On this page click on the Icon of Grimesthorpe School to 'cat631s' photostream and some familiar pictures.

On the right of the page are some more familiar thumbnails or SETS.

Scroll to the bottom and click MORE SETS.

Here, you will find all the Grimesthorpe Thread photos.

To view them choose: THUMBNAIL, DETAIL, or SLIDESHOW options. Please have a look, most of you will be on here somewhere.

If you wish to comment or add a name to a photo, you need to sign up to Flickr which is easy and free.

Finally, if anyone objects to their photos appearing on here, please indicate which ones and I will remove them.

Cat631 went thru the picture gallery and found my uncles name on the war memorial .Many thanks for taking the trouble to do this Jim.

I lived there from 1950-1967 then we moved to Stocksbridge. No publicans in the family as far as I know.

---------- Post added 15-12-2012 at 09:35 ----------

Yes I sure do. We were good mates at one time. Some years ago we spotted each other in the Northern General. Hope she is well.

Yes she's fine 4 children /2 married quite a few years older than the younger 2 who are both teachers and unmarried and 6 grandchildren. You may have seen her when my dad was in NGH about 14 years ago. Must tell her I have been chatting to you on this thread when I see her later this week.

................Grimesthorpe School to 'cat631s' photostream and some familiar pictures.

Ralph many thanks for the photos. Especially the photo of Neil R. & Les Cusworth, which brought back many fond memories of my time in the Life Boys and Boys Brigade and Sunday School at Grimesthorpe W R chapel. I was very sad that my first trip down to a reunion missed Neil's last ever visit by just 6 months.

I've not lived in Grimesthorpe since our house on Adsetts Street was demolished in1969/70 - but the memories of growing up in the area are still easily brought to mind as are the people, even though it is decades since I may have seen some of them.

Don.

SOMEONE HAS TO BE THE FIRST >>> MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYBODY :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap: