Anyone come from Grimesthorpe? (Part 2)

------------

Hi jim lad, Yes such a shame and nothing has been built around

Grimesthorpe, bet they wished they'd left the houses up now with these

incomers coming in, i'am sure thats where they would have housed them.

Jim, the last reunion was 26th oct this year at the ball on

upwell st, not sure if next one is around march if there is one?

Get them picture on thread whenever, i,ve only been putting them

on here about 2 weeks and its fun, it gives me pleasure and pleasure

for others to view them. memories. :thumbsup:

Brian 1941 Yes mate will try to get daughter to help me put the pics on allthough they are a bit depressing .just saw on some of the recent comments that there mey be a meet up around christmas. Jim.

---------- Post added 10-12-2012 at 20:21 ----------

Well i've rallied 3 women,where ya thinking ball or arms?

Hello if theres a meet up arranged please put info on forum ,would like to meet up.Not been in ball since my sisters wedding many years ago.Jim.

He'll have to come bri his idea,be nice to have a catch up not got to the last couple of reunion's with tony working away.he's on hols that week so not a problem.

--------------------

Hi shelia, thought i'd send you this picture then you can show

pigeon where the ball inn is, just should he comits to meeting you

on your night out.x :hihi::hihi:

http://i694.photobucket.com/albums/vv309/brian1941/TheBallInn-1-1.jpg

Brian 1941 Yes mate will try to get daughter to help me put the pics on allthough they are a bit depressing .just saw on some of the recent comments that there mey be a meet up around christmas. Jim.

---------- Post added 10-12-2012 at 20:21 ----------

Hello if theres a meet up arranged please put info on forum ,would like to meet up.Not been in ball since my sisters wedding many years ago.Jim.

Think it maybe 28th Dec,going in Ball and Sheffield Arms,waiting for Pigeon to confirm it.Keep your eye on the thread we'll put it on.May only be an handful of us Jim but still can have a chinwag.

---------- Post added 10-12-2012 at 21:02 ----------

--------------------

Hi shelia, thought i'd send you this picture then you can show

pigeon where the ball inn is, just should he comits to meeting you

on your night out.x :hihi::hihi:

http://i694.photobucket.com/albums/vv309/brian1941/TheBallInn-1-1.jpg

Bri we're not going at night,in the daytime.x

http://www.flickr.com

Since Dors started the 'Anyone From Grimesthorpe' thread in 2006, many of us have posted pictures of people and places in old Grimesthorpe. Unfortunately, as the posts move on, many pictures and photos are lost or forgotten. Most of those downloaded from Picture Sheffield have gone, I assume there must be a time limit on them.

Searching for a particular photo is difficult due to only being able to see the Photobucket address and not the actual photo .

Flickr is a photo sharing site where pictures are easily found and viewed.

To get started, please click on the above link to get to the Flickr home page.

In the SEARCH box type,' cat631' and click Search. Ignore the photos that appear.

Go to the top of the page and three options: Photos, Groups, People, click on People.

On this page click on the Icon of Grimesthorpe School to 'cat631s' photostream and some familiar pictures.

On the right of the page are some more familiar thumbnails or SETS.

Scroll to the bottom and click MORE SETS.

Here, you will find all the Grimesthorpe Thread photos.

To view them choose: THUMBNAIL, DETAIL, or SLIDESHOW options. Please have a look, most of you will be on here somewhere.

If you wish to comment or add a name to a photo, you need to sign up to Flickr which is easy and free.

Finally, if anyone objects to their photos appearing on here, please indicate which ones and I will remove them.

I hope you enjoy seeing them again. Regards, Ralph.

Since Dors started the 'Anyone From Grimesthorpe' thread in 2006, many of us have posted pictures of people and places in old Grimesthorpe. Unfortunately, as the posts move on, many pictures and photos are lost or forgotten. Most of those downloaded from Picture Sheffield have gone, I assume there must be a time limit on them.

Searching for a particular photo is difficult due to only being able to see the Photobucket address and not the actual photo .

In the SEARCH box type,' cat631' and click Search. Ignore the photos that appear.

Go to the top of the page and three options: Photos, Groups, People, click on People.

On this page click on the Icon of Grimesthorpe School to 'cat631s' photostream and some familiar pictures.

To view them choose: THUMBNAIL, DETAIL, or SLIDESHOW options. Please have a look, most of you will be on here somewhere.

If you wish to comment or add a name to a photo, you need to sign up to Flickr which is easy and free.

Finally, if anyone objects to their photos appearing on here, please indicate which ones and I will remove them.

Thats the best post this year thanks absolutely fantastic :clap::clap:

Some cracking photo's there Ralph,hope you're well.x

cat631

you speak with forked tongue, on Friday night you said you did not understand modern technology. After your last post I have to bow to your greater knowledge of this contraption in front of me, I had a headache Saturday morning your fault.

Great post well done.

What a great way of viewing the old photos without the hassle of going back through loads of threads. Cheers Ralph

Cat631 - Brilliant pictures. Fantastic walk down Memory Lane.Theres one looking up Wincobank Lane and someone has put a cross above the cottages at the top. That's where the Homers lived. I think Barry was the oldest. I lived just to the left of the photo on Winco Road next door to the Sowters. wonder what happened to them all.

Cat631 - Brilliant pictures. Fantastic walk down Memory Lane.Theres one looking up Wincobank Lane and someone has put a cross above the cottages at the top. That's where the Homers lived. I think Barry was the oldest. I lived just to the left of the photo on Winco Road next door to the Sowters. wonder what happened to them all.

Sowters in grimesthorpe??? who were they ?

Sowters in grimesthorpe??? who were they ?

Was it David Sowter?

---------- Post added 13-12-2012 at 14:02 ----------

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but, I was told yesterday that, Walt Dawson died last week, and maybe some will know Ted, had the paper shop at the bottom of Wensley St, his wife Sylvia also died last week.

Nice one its a great way to look at the pictures.PS one with a ? beside it looks like the old footpath to the HALLCAR pub and the one on Petre St reminds me of where the paper shop was below bottom of that passage.could be wrong though .Jim.