Anyone come from Grimesthorpe? (Part 2)

south.jpg

That's my Nan's road, Southwell road. Aspa posted this picture on facebook a few weeks ago.

he was in the same class as me at grimmy and owler lane as was the late john davis and g broadhead

I've mentioned to Georgie the date for reunion and as far as I know he's popping down if you're going to be there.

Gosh, finally had time to catch up, it's taken me ages. Been passing the word around for the reunion, up to now I'm coming, fingers crossed Nettie will be well enough to come too, take care see you soon x

Suzy's wash house at Longleys good!

Nearly got me there. Was gonna ask you what road it was on. XX

Gosh, finally had time to catch up, it's taken me ages. Been passing the word around for the reunion, up to now I'm coming, fingers crossed Nettie will be well enough to come too, take care see you soon x

Hope to be there this time will turn up around 9 pm and hopefully stay mum says hello ! from down south :suspect:

Hope you have a good reunion, and that Nettie is getting better. Sorry I can't be there, we'll be on the high seas. Have a great time. Irene

Hope you have a good reunion, and that Nettie is getting better. Sorry I can't be there, we'll be on the high seas. Have a great time. Irene

NettieJ still in ITU it seems from her messages that she is slowly improving but still gets very breathless when she tries to do anything so not ready to go on to main ward yet, let's hope she continues to get better and is home soon. Chris

Nearly got me there. Was gonna ask you what road it was on. XX

Duh! Drop it at mine I'll do it for ya Lynne! x

------------------

Hiya awoollen, Enjoyed all the pictures of grimesthorpe here on thread,

i would if anyone has a picture of the Crown Pub on crown hill,

love to see it on here. Thanks. :thumbsup:

Yes I agree the pictures are great he even put on a picture of clevedon st where I was born a mere 50 yrs ago ! Credit weer its due keep em comming Arthur :bigsmile::bigsmile:

D.id anyone on here do any courting at the Vic picture house, I mean a lad taking a girl to the pictures, I used go to the Vic to the Saturday matanee as most kids at the time did I`m 65 and can`t remember taking a lass to the Vic.Took girls to the Capital and Coliseum and down the Cliffe but probably to young for Vic.

I think the Vic was pulled down before I left school in 63, but remember going on Saturdays to the matinees.