Anyone come from Grimesthorpe? (Part 2)

Hi Peter, Its good to hear from you. Thanks for your kind words. Here is a photo of Barbara's wedding in 1953 so you may recognise her. I am the little pageboy bottom right looking great in my highland dress! You will recognise my dad behind me.

BarbDavidwedding.jpg

I live in Guisborough so you can't be far away from me living in Richmondshire. I am heavily involved in cricket & have watched cricket at Richmond many times.

Best wishes, John

Hi John - Sorry to hear about Barbara, I remember your aunty performing in the Panto that the Reform put on each year, might the other two ladies in the party be from that same era?

Hi John - Sorry to hear about Barbara, I remember your aunty performing in the Panto that the Reform put on each year, might the other two ladies in the party be from that same era?

Hi Fleetwood, yes they will be and at least one is familer to me but I can't remember names.The man top left is Harry, (dad & Barbara's brother) who is still alive & lives off Prince of Wales Rd. The man next to my dad is very familier from Chapel too but again I can't remember his name. The other pageboy is my cousin Michael Moore, Harry's son. His partner also died at St Luke's Hospice about 8 hours after Barbara.

Will try to see if someone at the funeral can put a name to everyone on photo.

Hi Sorry to Nettie is'nt feeling very well. Hope she gets well soon. Give her my best wishes

Hi Fleetwood. Sent you a pm but your box is full

Tonio

Hi Sorry to Nettie is'nt feeling very well. Hope she gets well soon. Give her my best wishes

I will be sending her a message in a bit so I will send her your best wishes too.

Hi Fleetwood. Sent you a pm but your box is full

Tonio

Hi Tonio - Love to get private messages, I don't know how to navigate that PM inbox, I don't want to lose all the messages in there which I have to delete if I am to recieve yours.

It seems rather quiet about the October reunion, is anyone interested? if so I will call in the Ball to make sure its OK with the landlady, I can never remember her name.

Hello George. I'll be there too.

Friday 26th October

Hello George. I'll be there too.

Friday 26th October

hopefully george.

hopefully george.

Friday 26th is it official??? will try to stay a bit longer this time and have a chat!my avatar picture does not look good I must get an haircut!

Edited by pigeon
???

Hi Peter

The smiley gremlins have got you. I dismissed tony at first then got to thinking of the name Tony Halliwell rings a bell in the old grey matter sorry I can't help you anymore.

Regards

Alan

Thanks Alan.

Hi Peter, Its good to hear from you. Thanks for your kind words. Here is a photo of Barbara's wedding in 1953 so you may recognise her. I am the little pageboy bottom right looking great in my highland dress! You will recognise my dad behind me.

BarbDavidwedding.jpg

I live in Guisborough so you can't be far away from me living in Richmondshire. I am heavily involved in cricket & have watched cricket at Richmond many times.

Best wishes, John

Hi John, we both moved north then, it's a small world eh? Thanks for the picture. Yes you look smart! I seem to recognise Barbara, although it's 56 years since I last attended the Chapel and Boy's Brigade. I moved away from Grimesthorpe in 1957 for a bigger house at Shiregreen to accomodate my new baby sister. I still have memorabilia, eg. Lifeboy badges, and, signed by Amy B Wise, LB merit certificates and BB hymnal. Was intrigued by my first ever pantomime, live music and all in about 1954! Loved holidays at Staithes. Saw the huts a couple of weeks ago. I could go on even more:)

Peter.

Edited by PeterR