Anyone come from Grimesthorpe? (Part 2)

Hi Brinny

next to Dan Godfrey is Mick Martin, goalkeeper is Roy Butler and seated far right is Gerald Downing.

How come some of the blokes are wearing different coloured shirts and socks to some of the others ?

I Played for the school in 1961 we wore the same shirts, some had half colours some quarter colours, but they were all yellow and green. As for shorts and socks we used our own as the school did not have any.

I Played for the school team in 1961, we used the same shirts as in the photo, some were quarters and some half coloured but all were yellow and green, as for shorts and socks we had to use our own.

Ah that club at Chapeltowns been mentioned lets have some opinions ? Balls fine but may get full due to demise of the Arms?

----------

Hi Pigeon, If Shefffield Arms was closing due lack of custoners

i cant see the ball being a problem for the reunion :huh:

LETS VOTE NOW?.

----------

LETS VOTE NOW?.

Only been to a couple of them not stopped long but did see a few familiar faces from past? any will do?

----------

LETS VOTE NOW?.

Not too many casting thier opinions brian? personally I think it should be the Ball! :help:

Not too many casting thier opinions brian? personally I think it should be the Ball! :help:

---------------

Hi Pigeon, I think because the forum is about Grimesthorpe and

the people i say yes for the Ball reunion in upwell st. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

hello southweller i played for the school in 61 we only won one game

It seems rather quiet about the October reunion, is anyone interested? if so I will call in the Ball to make sure its OK with the landlady, I can never remember her name.

It seems rather quiet about the October reunion, is anyone interested? if so I will call in the Ball to make sure its OK with the landlady, I can never remember her name.

Gail and Jack

Those of you who went to Reform Chapel some years ago may remember my Aunty Barbara Bond nee Moore, sister of my dad Jim Moore. Although living at Meersbrook she continued to sing in the "Sermons" at Reform Chapel until they stopped a few years ago.

Barbara sadly died age 82 in St Lukes Hospice & her funeral is to be held at Meersbrook URC church at 11.30 on Friday 5th October with a cremation at Hutcliffe Wood at 1pm.