Anyone come from Grimesthorpe? (Part 2)

Did anyone see the class photo' in last nights 'Star'...it was Grimesthorpe Junior School, in the background Miss Hanson's name on the door.. in the photo' front row I think Kieth Smith and next to the teacher is Alan Ainsworth, so it would have been the year below my year.

Eh up lad thats some time ago????:hihi: its nice to converse stay in touch an we can do what we want on OUR thread....

Did anyone see the class photo' in last nights 'Star'...it was Grimesthorpe Junior School, in the background Miss Hanson's name on the door.. in the photo' front row I think Kieth Smith and next to the teacher is Alan Ainsworth, so it would have been the year below my year.

Don't have the Star is there any other way we can view it.

remember this place

s20171.jpg

It was at the bottom of Wincobank Lane.my old mate John Owen lived in one of the houses in the picture.When we were 15 or 16 we use to meet up there at nights .Me and John, Jeff Parker, Mick Newton,Roger Williams (spot) and the other members of our mob.

LOOKS LIKE UPWELL ST???? have you got any more old photos we all like looking at them ...

I remember when people lived therer my brotherinlaw lived in one they was left of winco lane across from the ball I have not been in the ball since 1948

I remember when people lived therer my brotherinlaw lived in one they was left of winco lane across from the ball I have not been in the ball since 1948
ITS changed a bit now if you fancy calling one sunday dinner pm me ...

You forgot Malcolm,not sure if he died.But think there's only Bob and Pat left,possibly Malcolm but used to see him often in town not seen him for a few years now.See Bob every so often but can't remember Dorothy.

Oh there was also Elsie, Ernest and Lawrence and little Leslie. Okay moving on ...........................

Don't have the Star is there any other way we can view it.

I'm not sure but I am told the photo' could be on the 'Star's' web site

thats right doreen,but still say its mrs rix not rick.dont know if you will recall the pattison's but think she lived next door.hope your both well.xx

Hi I have a copy of the street directory page for Carlisle Road and number 33 is Rick Mrs. Jessie and next door 31 was Foster fredk and as you say Pattison's were the next tenants.

Regards Alan

Hi Cat, I got your PM. I have sent you a reply but it came back error. Perhaps if you ask geotom he will pass it on to you. Thank you for the information though. I'll have to try and get there next time I come up

Can anyone remember the name of the shop on Upwell street by the bridge? Opposite end to Ibertsons. I can only recall going in it once.

Can anyone remember the name of the shop on Upwell street by the bridge? Opposite end to Ibertsons. I can only recall going in it once.
if its the one opposite the anchor chippy the Fosters or Colleys lived there and may have ran that shop???

if its the one opposite the anchor chippy the Fosters or Colleys lived there and may have ran that shop???

no it was right down by the gas works. The last shop before the bridge.