Anyone come from Grimesthorpe? (Part 2)

Also just read the book-good nostalgia that more than scratches the surface of the area, but more importantly gets you thinking of past (happier?) days in Grimesthorpe. Of particular interest to me was the route of the Grimesthorpe Feast Walk-like most other kids of the time I only followed Albert Parr until he got his annual car ride and then scuttled off back to the Victoria to see the finish.

As it is raining again outside, I took to looking at old fotos and found this one.

http://s1009.photobucket.com/albums/af215/benbob02/

From my age at the time (I'm top row farthest on right), this is a class of 9/10 year olds-looking more like little adults than school kids-Susan827 (Susan H.) is on the back row 4th from the left, I think. I'm sure some of you can name the rest.

Hi benbob,6th from left 2nd row is Lynn Allen,know quite a few faces but not the names but then there's about 3yrs difference in ages.Sheila

As it is raining again outside, I took to looking at old fotos and found this one.

http://s1009.photobucket.com/albums/af215/benbob02/

From my age at the time (I'm top row farthest on right), this is a class of 9/10 year olds-looking more like little adults than school kids-Susan827 (Susan H.) is on the back row 4th from the left, I think. I'm sure some of you can name the rest.

Hi benbob

Just had a quick glance at the photo and so far have recognised

Linda Sidebottom, Gwynn Williams. Anne Grocock, Sue Lawrenson, Lynne Downing?

I'm sure there are a few more I know but like Sheila says, can't for the

moment put names to them. Great photo

Hi benbob

NettieJ/Sheila/Walt-agree with your names. Phil Reaney is 2nd row up 1st left. teacher is Mr Ambler.

Others I think I recognised are: Top row Rodney Haynes (1st left) & Colin Burdett (2nd right)-both lived on Wade Street.

3rd row up: Elaine Shaw (2nd left) & Diane Hanson (3rd left)-Adsetts Street.

2nd row up: Susan Blagg? (2nd left), Kath Fleming next to her, Susan Whitaker ???(5th left) & Shirley Gill (2nd right).

Front Row: Michael ? (1st left), David Johnson (2nd left) & John Wright (1st right).

Please correct me if I'm wrong and please fill in the blanks. Who would have thought that these old school pics could bring back so many memories....

I keep remembering other names as the days wear on.

Hi, I found a copy of the photo in some old family pictures, I left the school in 59. I think it might be a picture of my sister,s class, Jennifer Wilks, She is 3-4 years younger than me, she could be the girl 2nd row up 3rd from right.

Southweller,

Hi benbob

hi all it is sue lawrenson my sister-in-law she now lives in blackpool

Just read Allan Billam's book "Recollections of Grimesthorpe." What a fantastic read and great pictures too. Looking forward to letting my kids read it. Can't wait to see what they think!

Hey up you should have patented the phrase "ANYONE COME FROM" cos everybodys nicked it :thumbsup:

Hi everyone

i lived on carlile rd was born there in 1943 my name back then was pat dudley anyone remember me

Hi patricia gro I remember you I think you were in the same class as me at owler lane school. I lived on Botham street my name then was Jean Shaw.

Hi Jean

yes i remember you i think we were in the same year are you in contact with anyone else from back then

Hi Pat,there are quite a few people on here you may know,Irene Clark is on, who I saw at one of the reunions. Jean J

Hi everyone

i lived on carlile rd was born there in 1943 my name back then was pat dudley anyone remember me

---------------------

Hi Ya Pat, We meet again as i only saw you in the market on

saturday, but nice to see you on this thread as i'am sure people

will know you. ( More so as you went in the crown pub.) haha .

I was going to mention to Shelia that i saw you, anyway Happy Birthday

:love: for this week.

Hey up you should have patented the phrase "ANYONE COME FROM" cos everybodys nicked it :thumbsup:

Typical! We can't 'ave owt to us sen can we?