Anyone come from Grimesthorpe? (Part 2)

BOTH RIGHT??? BLOKE AT BACK IN ONE AND LADY IN OTHER? its not aunt Emily is it?

Think you'll find the woman is Aunt Maggie who was married to Uncle Henry. None of us know who the random bloke is in the other photo x

A few more names for you John

ClassPhoto1957-58copy.jpg

may_queen_1950a.jpg

may_queen_1950a.jpg

Thanks Tonio

Thanks Tonio

sent these off to retro hope they get in paper ? hows simon not seen him for 40 years:hihi:

may_queen_1950a.jpg

Hi Tonio, have you seen my posts of 19th January showing the school 'photo,

25th January showing all the names and 28th January showing the back of the schools in 1999? Are you on the pic.?

Regards, Peter.

sent these off to retro hope they get in paper ? hows simon not seen him for 40 years:hihi:

Hi Pigeon. Simon is well. I am not in any of the pics but my wife, Janet Boon, is a 7 year old on the May Queen pic. I have named her on the pic.

Tonio

Hi Pigeon. Simon is well. I am not in any of the pics but my wife, Janet Boon, is a 7 year old on the May Queen pic. I have named her on the pic.

Tonio

Whoops! Janet Boon was Janet Brewin as 7 year old..

Whoops! Janet Boon was Janet Brewin as 7 year old..

MY mother knew mrs Brewin she lived next door to gran on moss st? number 28 if my memory serves me well?

MY mother knew mrs Brewin she lived next door to gran on moss st? number 28 if my memory serves me well?

Thats right. The mother in law. She passed away 4 yrs ago aged 91

Recollections of Grimesthorpe and Beyond: A long awaited book by the Grimesthorpe author, Alan Billam. The price is £12.99 and will be available next week from The Sheffield Star shop or by phoning Alan Billam on; 01522 811177.

I've had the privilege of reading a preview copy and can assure everyone, you wont be disappointed. It's great read.

Walt and I had an interesting few hours recently at The Sheffield Archive on Shoreham Street and were able to view some of the Parish Records of St.Thomas's Church.

I photographed the first 100 pages of one of the baptisms registers, the dates being between, 5/10/1943 to 25/5/1952.

If you were Christened at St. Thomas's Church between the above dates and would like to see your register entry, please PM me your date of birth and email address.

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/rh200/RalphAspinall.jpg

Edited by cat631