Anyone come from Grimesthorpe? (Part 2)

Honestly dont know! Bet somebody on here knows though:suspect: uttleys Clevedon st around 1965 Higgins lived at bottom Clarkes lived in middle and Yarrows lived at top !

your grandmother lived just round to the left of the passage uttlys lived to the right this was ih the 50 s before you were born

your grandmother lived just round to the left of the passage uttlys lived to the right this was ih the 50 s before you were born

Mmmmm! thats a good enough reason for not knowing them then:confused:

It looks like Bev Foster & Susan Uttley

susan is the one getting wed 2 elder maid are her sisters

HI there, it was good to see Mick Buck, Brian Gill and Keith Lemm yesterday albeit under sad circumstances. It was at my cousin's funeral - Mike (Mac) McDonald. It was a very moving service and good to see so many people there. Including the 'guard of honour' from the BB. I was in the church league bowling team many years ago with Mac - we were Petre's Angels. Brian, what was your team called? something to do with sinners praps!

Honestly dont know! Bet somebody on here knows though:suspect: uttleys Clevedon st around 1965 Higgins lived at bottom Clarkes lived in middle and Yarrows lived at top !

still see margaret yarrow every so often in town,lou? her hubby died a few years ago think they had one son called tony.

still see margaret yarrow every so often in town,lou? her hubby died a few years ago think they had one son called tony.

yep thats them:thumbsup:

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/vCldMWbhcJkCk5kc70TVjUYBf94siAWARkD9BC4Tt4o?feat=directlink

This is the Grimesthorpe Weslyans and from th age of my Dad, the wicketkeeper, it would be early 1930's. They played on Cook's farm field at the top of Wincobank lane

Edited by becketth

I know a lot of you would be interested but it is with much sadness that I have to report that one of the Dolling Twins, 'Roy' from Little Lane, died last Saturday morning aged 85. The service is at Grenoside at 1.45 on Monday 23Rd.

Further to my previous note re-Roy Dolling Service It is on the 30th. January ( Not 23rd.)