Anyone come from Grimesthorpe? (Part 2)

hi the guy with wooden leg fell down going down the hill and diad he didant live on cyclops st sheila your thinking of horice jackson who lived at no 46 and brian it was jean dunn and her ubby was called bob i didant see the slid fleetwood you must be a lot older than me did you know billy stocks befor he went to oz they lived in the only yard on the right handside

The guy i'm thinking of lived on Margate St,there was a few houses above the corner shop but below phone box.:huh:

hi the guy with wooden leg fell down going down the hill and diad he didant live on cyclops st sheila your thinking of horice jackson who lived at no 46 and brian it was jean dunn and her ubby was called bob i didant see the slid fleetwood you must be a lot older than me did you know billy stocks befor he went to oz they lived in the only yard on the right handside

The guy i'm thinking of lived on Margate St,there was a few houses above the corner shop but below phone box.:huh:

i was born 1947 and i can't recall slide.

I am one of the Dysons who lived at 56 Cyclops st, and we think our mother once worked at Mrs Thanes shop as a cleaner. My sister thought Mrs Thane was very rich because she had a stool to sit at a dressing table. I also think Mrs Prosser worked there behind the counter.

------------

Hi ya hehe, yes you was correct on jean dunn and bob, i think wakefield

was his secone name.

and i do rememer the stocks that lived in the yard near the phone box,

the older mr stock went to live in firth park, his big son billy use to

help out with taking bets, there was a son called billy that knocked about

with us some-times.

who emigrated to australia then.

I am one of the Dysons who lived at 56 Cyclops st, and we think our mother once worked at Mrs Thanes shop as a cleaner. My sister thought Mrs Thane was very rich because she had a stool to sit at a dressing table. I also think Mrs Prosser worked there behind the counter.

-----------

hello, was your name david with specs, although i new your family- i am

brian from 32, cyclops st.

ps, i use to see peter knowle your old next door neighbour but as last year he past away. how yer doing these days.

Here's a blast from the past. Some photos from Owler Lane Infants school, Grimesthorpe Junior School and Owler Lane Secondry School

Untitled-31.jpg

Owler Lane Infants School May Festival 1953

Archiveschool1954.jpg

May festival 1954

ArchiveSchoolClass.jpg

Mrs singleton's class about 1954

GrimesthorpeSchool.jpg

Grimesthorpe Junior School. Mr Charlswoth' class. Mr gathercole, Headmaster

SchoolClassOwlerLane.jpg

Owler lane Secondary School

SchoolClassOwlerLane2.jpg

Owler Lane

OwlerLaneSchool4.jpg

Owler Lane

Austria1970.jpg

Left to Right Lonslow twins Janet and Susan Two of Mick Buck's work mates Mick Buck Neil reville Pam Brown. All in Austria 1970

Hope these photos bring back some memories for some people:)

-----------

hello, was your name david with specs, although i new your family- i am

brian from 32, cyclops st.

ps, i use to see peter knowle your old next door neighbour but as last year he past away. how yer doing these days.

Correct, my sisters were Ann and Beverly, and my cousin is Robert (Bob) Swallow, who lived on Margate Drive.

I must dig my old photos out and put them on the Forum.

Im fine

Has anyone got any photos of classes at Owler Lane Infants school between 1949 & 1951 or Grimesthorpe school between 1951 -1955? I (John Moore) was there then & have no photos of my time at either school & would love to see some.

Here's a blast from the past.

Austria1970.jpg

Left to Right Lonslow twins Janet and Susan Two of Mick Buck's work mates Mick Buck Neil reville Pam Brown. All in Austria 1970

Great photo of Neil Reville Mick

and I can't remember the last time

I saw Pam Brown many many years :huh:

Here's a blast from the past.

OwlerLaneSchool4.jpg

Owler Lane

Stan Francis I remember him, I'm sure our Dave does too

Hi Splitlip ,l don't suppose you know the whereabouts of Mr French, only l went to All Saints with a lad of that name ,and cannot recall his first name although l would know it if l heard it, Cheers Arfer Mo.

Hi Arfer Mo

I don't think it is the same Mr French

The one Splitlip is on about went to Firth Park

His name was Steve, he had a younger brother

called Nigel, but I am not sure which school he went to