Anyone come from Grimesthorpe? (Part 2)

Here is another oldie that I managed to save when

Terry Mac was having a clear out.

Do you recognise anyone :huh:

001.jpg

back row L to R:- Kenneth Siddall, X, X, Jackie Davis, Robert Crowdy?

front row L to R:-David Dolman, Graham Turley, Steven Hayles, Tony Newton, X, X,

I think.

front row L to R:-David Dolman, Graham Turley, Steven Hayles, Tony Newton, X, X,

I think.

is that Ken Siddall the one who had the fruit shop at page hall?? He was a plummer by trade.

is that Ken Siddall the one who had the fruit shop at page hall?? He was a plummer by trade.

naw, different one.

Here is another oldie that I managed to save when

Terry Mac was having a clear out.

Do you recognise anyone :huh:

001.jpg

Nettie

I'm losing it bit by bit ( am I holding on too tight !). Terry Mac, Alan Ainsworth and Graham Turley were my best pals at Grimey Juniors and I Don't recognise GT on your photo nor Dave Dolman. Think I remember the first floor hall where the pic was taken, I think the door behind was to our classroom, was our teacher Miss Hanson or was she the Head ..........or was she both.

Shooter

I've been tracing the family tree of my mom who was a Rhodes and lived on Birdwell Road. Her sister, Mary, lived there all her life. At one time, Rhodes was common name. Are there any still around?

I've been tracing the family tree of my mom who was a Rhodes and lived on Birdwell Road. Her sister, Mary, lived there all her life. At one time, Rhodes was common name. Are there any still around?

NOT SURE BUT SOMEBODY ON HERE WILL DO :hihi: GOOD LUCK

NOT SURE BUT SOMEBODY ON HERE WILL DO :hihi: GOOD LUCK

its me again yes there is some Rhodes i have three nef and a niece

there dad used to live in them old cottages opposite to the old theatre on upwell st

my sister married him they lived on grimesthorpe road opposite th e club any help

I used to be good friends with Jane Rhodes when i was younger, her Grandparents lived on Skelwith Rd, i think they were Henry and Ginnie, they had one son Brian who has passed away, i know Jane now lives in Penistone she has a brother Mark who lives in Rotherham if that's any help to you, i could probably get in touch with Mark through his stepsister Gail.

Back row far left is Ken Siddall, and I think Tony Newton is in the middle of the front row.

Tony Newton - thanks for that Walt I've

been racking my brain trying to remember his name :huh:

I think.

Well done geotom :thumbsup:

I only recognised David Dolman and Jackie Davis

I remember Graham Turley didn't his parents own the chip shop

at one bit.

He once got run over on the crossing near the Reform Chapel

I used to be good friends with Jane Rhodes when i was younger, her Grandparents lived on Skelwith Rd, i think they were Henry and Ginnie, they had one son Brian who has passed away, i know Jane now lives in Penistone she has a brother Mark who lives in Rotherham if that's any help to you, i could probably get in touch with Mark through his stepsister Gail.

I know that Les Rhodes lived up the Grimesthorpe Road area

but is he any relation to the Rhodes you are talking about ?

its me again yes there is some Rhodes i have three nef and a niece

there dad used to live in them old cottages opposite to the old theatre on upwell st

my sister married him they lived on grimesthorpe road opposite th e club any help

I KNEW SOMEBODY WOULD KNOW SUMMAT but dint think it would be that close to home! how are you???