Anyone come from Grimesthorpe? (Part 2)

That's no good for me and Alan, we'll be at Kims in Liverpool.
REYT Ange its no problem we will find an amicable date for all of us:huh:looking forwards to it this time hope a few clarkes turn up:hihi:

Haven't been on the thread for a while. Hope everyone is ok. Good to see there are some newcomers too.

Happy Birthday Doreen, enjoy your day. xxx

Hello Grimesthorpe. It's getting to the time of year when we have our six monthly get togethers. Mrs. JDS has suggested a date when many of you can't get. Having read your posts and spoken to others, the following Fridays may be more suitable:

Sept. 23rd. Sept. 30th.

Oct. 21st.

Nov. 11th. Nov. 18th.

For MrsJDS, Nov. !8th is the only other date she can get to, due to family commitments.

If it's not too late in the year for you, May I suggest Nov. 18th.

Please make your thoughts and opinions known as soon as possible so we can get the date set.

Thanks, Ralph.

Any times ok with me.

nah den benn I aluss fought you were frum attercliffe down roooad from us :hihi:

wat med thee fink dat mi dah had 2 yards on cliff but wi dint live deer

wi had a hous in grimsforp fa yeers til di nock um darn

yers ben poit ex scrapman

Wow, our founder has 'ad another birthday. Happy Birthday Dors.

Regarding the date of our next reunion at The Ball on Upwell Street.

I take it we are all agreed, it will take place and be enjoyed by everyone on Friday,

November 18th.

To ensure this date problem doesn't arise again, may I suggest we set the future dates and keep to them every year. What about the last Friday in March and the last Friday in October?

Please, please make your views known. Yes, no or get stuffed Ralph.

Hope to see you all at The Ball.

I remember my sister having a crush on a Mr. French & M. Wooten, hows that for a memory:hihi::hihi:

Hi Splitlip ,l don't suppose you know the whereabouts of Mr French, only l went to All Saints with a lad of that name ,and cannot recall his first name although l would know it if l heard it, Cheers Arfer Mo.

there dosent seem 2 be much on here about the top of grimesthorpe rd

hehe Do you mean the top of the hill from Grimesthorpe end, and how far can you go back. Cheers Arfer Mo.

Regarding the date of our next reunion at The Ball on Upwell Street.

To ensure this date problem doesn't arise again, may I suggest we set the future dates and keep to them every year. What about the last Friday in March and the last Friday in October?

Is it warm in March Ralph ? just asking the question.