Anyone come from Grimesthorpe? (Part 2)

Hi Shooter we been with Pete & all his family all day, he is the eldest of the 2 brothers, he is 59, they have an elder sister Linda,then Pete ,David & Angela,and also David is not on forum,neither is Pete, but tell me who you are & we will tell him you have been asking about him,regards Linda

Linda didn`t go to school in Grimesthorpe she went to St Cath`s catholic school

was in my class, she then went to Notra Dame Grammer I think because I can`t remember her at secondary school.

Maybe not a J am thinking either Weisz Wiejz Waije.I give up

There was a film on ITV this afternoon About A Boy with an actress whose surname was Weisz, so that may be the spelling?

She was about 5 foot 6 in the 60's, but her hair wasn't that dark, the entrance to their yard was opposite Dor's house, which was next to a bit of spare land at the bottom of Botham st.

I only met her once, but we used to sit with her parents every weekend in the Grimey club.

Thanks Skippy. A different one then. The one I knew was only about 5 feet tall.

NettieJ will not. sort yourself out splitlip :o

I think it was Wajs, I know I was never sure how to spell it

when we were at school but to try to remind me I always said

WAJS . Marilyn was in my year at school

Im gonna have to check this out. :huh:

You tight arse J.:hihi:

Wajs was the spelling I seem to remember. (Carl was in my class at Grimesthorpe)

It reminds me of the one about the polish lad who went to the Opticians for an eye test. The Optician sat him in front of a chart and said " Can you read the bottom line Sir ?"

The Polish lad said " Read it ................ I know him! "

Nice one Walt. :thumbsup::banana::banana: It was so unusual that it stuck with me too.

I'll have to talk to NettieJ now or our Terry to get the pint for you.

You could always come here for a visit, there's a brewery in our village and they do daily tours of the processing, (free samplers). Creemore Springs brewery.

Well done Walt

Nice one Walt. :thumbsup::banana::banana: It was so unusual that it stuck with me too.

I'll have to talk to NettieJ now or our Terry to get the pint for you.

You could always come here for a visit, there's a brewery in our village and they do daily tours of the processing, (free samplers). Creemore Springs brewery.

Well done Walt

and very nice it is too Walt. We tried a few of 'em

Well we couldnt decide which we liked best :hihi::hihi:

Oh and as Terry is the eldest, I think it is his place

to buy the drink for you Walt :thumbsup:

You tight arse J.:hihi:

:hihi:

fair's fair Sheila

I've got all on affording my own :hihi:

Let's get our priorities right shall we :thumbsup:

NettieJ will not. sort yourself out splitlip :o

I think it was Wajs, I know I was never sure how to spell it

when we were at school but to try to remind me I always said

WAJS . Marilyn was in my year at school

Im gonna have to check this out. :huh:

Soz abaht that Jeanette, but who'da thought Walt would've gorrit:confused:Maybe he'll say I'll just ave' half or summat like that, and you can purrit on my tab:love::love: Better still do the old Alzheimers trick & tell him you don't remember owt abaht it:hihi::hihi:

Soz abaht that Jeanette, but who'da thought Walt would've gorrit:confused:Maybe he'll say I'll just ave' half or summat like that, and you can purrit on my tab:love::love: Better still do the old Alzheimers trick & tell him you don't remember owt abaht it:hihi::hihi:

I will let you off this time Dave

But just cos you are safe all the way

over there in Canada doesnt mean

you can offer free drinks willy nilly

so behave thissen na!

I will let you off this time Dave

But just cos you are safe all the way

over there in Canada doesnt mean

you can offer free drinks willy nilly

so behave thissen na!

ItwerntWillyNillythatwonitwerWalt:hihi:

ItwerntWillyNillythatwonitwerWalt:hihi:

No Dave, Walt was known when he played footy as "One foot willy" ( not willy nilly) as he was that one footed his left peg was just for standing on.

Hiya Mrs JDS I can't believe that your dog is ugly. Has he/she got a waggy tail? My pooch on the other hand is called Harvey and unlike the one on the advert our Harvey doesn't do ironing etc: He's like a teenage delinquent, leaves lights on and crumbs all over.Now he's got a garden he brings half the privet in with him! Don't you just love 'em!