Anyone come from Grimesthorpe? (Part 2)

Jeanette,

The Thomas that was 2 years older than you was in my class and it was Olwen. Not that I'm that much older than you though, I was just backdated.:hihi:

Ooops sorry bout that Dave I was referring to Vicky Walshaw there

didnt make myself very clear

"Not that Im that much older than you though"eh!

Wash your mouth out you always were and always will

be sooooooo much older than me :hihi:

Dave

Thanks for the reply, do you remember my younger brother Phil, he's living abroad too, been in LA for thirty odd years now !

Chris

Yeh i remember phil where do you live i am calling in the ball this friday i hope, i played for them for a few years and i am organising a reunion,so i came back to grimey after all, look forward to seeing you if you can make any of the reunions there is a grimesthorpe reunion quite regularly ,you will get the dates on this forum, cheers Dave

Yeh i remember phil where do you live i am calling in the ball this friday i hope, i played for them for a few years and i am organising a reunion,so i came back to grimey after all, look forward to seeing you if you can make any of the reunions there is a grimesthorpe reunion quite regularly ,you will get the dates on this forum, cheers Dave

Dave

Thanks for the reply, can't make the Ball on Friday got a lunch date which will be a bit boozy. I'm at Lodge Moor now but get to Grimey now and again with work. Would love to come to a reunion, when's the next one.

Regards

Chris

ps How do you SEND a private message

Edited by shooter
senile backbencher

dave

thanks for the reply, can't make the ball on friday got a lunch date which will be a bit boozy. I'm at lodge moor now but get to grimey now and again with work. Would love to come to a reunion, when's the next one.

Regards

chris

ps how do you send a private message

click on the name top left and it will open out giving options just click send private message its easy mate!

hi my dad lived in grimesthorpe his name is gary lillford anyone rember him hes 57

Hi BR, next time you see your dad, remember me to him, George Clarke, last time i spoke to him he wasn't very well, hope he's better now.

Hi BR I remember your Dad:

Did he ever talk about his Mucker: "Piper"? I can't remember his real name but him and your Dad were like Siamese Twins:

Life is short: Eat Dessert first.

Hi Grimesthorpe, 'Piper' is John Wright, used to live at the top of Moss St.

Cat6 who is on the pic and when's the next reunion.

Regards

Chris

Hello Shooter.

Left to right: Mick and Dave Rawson, John Holbrook, Angela Wright.

Next Reunion will be sometime in October.

Sorry ladies, will have to give it a miss, I've got nothing to wear!!!

Sat Nov 6th.

Alan Billam, the chap who's writing a book about Grimesthorpe is visting Sheffield for the weekend 5th to 7th November and staying at The Jurys Inn on Eyre Street. He would love to meet us all and suggests to anyone who can make it, between 2 and 5pm. in the bar on Saturday 6th November.

Many of you will remember the Butler family. I've been in touch with Roy, he too will be there and is looking forward to meeting old friends.

Hope to see you there, Ralph.

C6 Hiya, just read this old post, is the Grimesthorpe book completed yet and where can I buy it. The Butlers lived on Cyclops St, was it 2nd or 3rd up from bottom on left hand side. Regards Chris

ps Do i know you

C6 Hiya, just read this old post, is the Grimesthorpe book completed yet and where can I buy it. The Butlers lived on Cyclops St, was it 2nd or 3rd up from bottom on left hand side. Regards Chris

ps Do i know you

was it the same Butlers had a chip shop on corner of Clevedon street? only going back around 40 years :hihi:

Don't think they were related, Butlers stuff was delicious.