Anyone come from Grimesthorpe? (Part 2)

Hi am looking for players and managers from the ball inn fc team managed by john rogers inthe70,s, would like to arrange a reunion sometime this year

Have managed to get a quite a few names for this now, big thanks to all who helped, i am looking to set a date for late june early july. do these dates clash with any other reunions?

Does anyone remember Chris or Phil Pryor ?

Lived on Margate Drive, Friends with Mick Sharman, Steve Taffender, Pip Harker, John Heritage, Graham Tirley, Snakey, Piper, Drabbles and many more:

Phil went to Owler Lane, Grimesthorp Junior Then moved to T'Wiswood, went to Wisewood Junior and then to Myers Grove:

Mrs JDS, as I don't trust you to save me a drippin sarnie we have delayed our trip up to Scotland for a week or two, so I will be in the Legiron tonite so don't eat them all.

Lived on Margate Drive, Friends with Mick Sharman, Steve Taffender, Pip Harker, John Heritage, Graham Tirley, Snakey, Piper, Drabbles and many more:

Phil went to Owler Lane, Grimesthorp Junior Then moved to T'Wiswood, went to Wisewood Junior and then to Myers Grove:

I remember the Pryors. I lived on Margate Drive..I think they are a lot younger than me, I'm 66. I think they went to Sunday School at the Meths Church?

Mrs JDS, as I don't trust you to save me a drippin sarnie we have delayed our trip up to Scotland for a week or two, so I will be in the Legiron tonite so don't eat them all.

What some people will do for a slice of bread n' drippin.

.....................................................................................

Val. A lady should never divulge her age.

OLGA. Hello Pat and thanks for your kind words. I remember your Mam working in the chippy and always expressed my undying love for her daughter but it made no difference, I still had to pay for my chips.

Olga and Prince Fabian: was that a reference to our early attempts at amature dramatics?

I'l try and get to Hutcliffe Wood and will get in touch with Roy too.

yeh i remember chris especially , the pryors lived at i think the 2nd prefab up on the right,do you remember theresa armitage who lived opposite the pryors? i though t chris was our steve,s age 60 now !!maybe wrong dave swain lived a bit further up, we the drabbles were on the circle , bob street , paul deakin, the berry,s lived onthe back lane,dave(dommi), syd duty and ronnie marshall lived at the top I think. memory not as good as it was but think that is right. sorry i could not make reunion tonight but had to take my grandson to play cricket,

other names i remember are frank higgins, alan west (sweat) vic betts,

What some people will do for a slice of bread n' drippin.

.....................................................................................

Val. A lady should never divulge her age.

Oops......................

Yes Jon was 3 times Olympian 10 in the10,000mtrs in Atlanta(Won by the great Haile Gabrisalassi) ,4th in the Marathon in Sydney and 4th again in Athens.He also still holds the UK record for the 10,000mtrs on the track which he`s held for about 15yrs,doesn`t say a lot for British distance running.

Try his website Running by Commonsense and click on all the links.

I remember the Pryors. I lived on Margate Drive..I think they are a lot younger than me, I'm 66. I think they went to Sunday School at the Meths Church?

Cornish Rose ?

Is your first name Lynne or Teresa ?

Hi Ralph

I haven't been on the Forum for a while - could you slow down a bit so I can catch up? Some of your posts are hilarious, thanks for a good laugh! I think you know who I am so I'll post a little bit about the Gills.

The Gill family lived in Botham Street next to Enzer's fish and chip saloon (!!!) and Alice worked in the shop. Mr Gill was at Dunkirk and wounded in the war - quite a few brave ex soldiers around where I grew up there! There were 3 of us - Pat, George and Norman. G and N were boxers - George was always fighting Roy Butler. He was like Cool Hand Luke - he didn't know when he was beaten and Roy always won! Norman and John Butler would have to break them up. Dad's brother lived on Botham Terrace - Uncle Ernest (cousin Peter Gill and Auntie Dot). The Oakdens (Dad's sister) and Spicks - Maureen and Roger - were cousins. Great Uncle Jack Sedgewick lived in the next yard (what a rogue, he would pin pound notes to his clothes and walk across to the outside lav, driving his neighbour crazy!).

I wanted to remind you all that I have arranged an interment of ashes ceremony for George at Hutcliffe Wood Gardens of Rememberance at 11.30 on Saturday 14th May. It is a short graveside service but afterwards we have arranged a buffet in the Executive Lounge at the Beauchief (don't worry I checked, they let in people from Grimesthorpe - only kidding). Any Grimesthorpians who knew George are welcome - I would love it if Roy could pop in!

That's all for now except for a message for Vicky Walshaw. I wonder if she remembers going on my paper round with me - I always shared my tips on Saturday with her! Beautiful child she was!

Best wishes

Olga

I will ask our Vicky when I see her, she was 60 on last week. I remember the chip shop they used to let me sit behind the counter and sing nellie the elephant to me. Kevin

Cornish Rose ?

Is your first name Lynne or Teresa ?

No. I'm Val. I lived 3 doors below DOMMI. Were you a page boy to a Sunday School Queen?