Anyone come from Grimesthorpe? (Part 2)

Don't forget the black pudding Ralph.... and I think John mentioned at the funeral that the ale was on him, although he'd had a few when he said it.

yes i heard that too lol

Great photos Ralph & interesting stories.

Mrs JDS

put me down for the dripping sandwiches at the Legiron on the 22nd of April please, as I've not been in their for at least 24hrs.

Mrs JDS

put me down for the dripping sandwiches at the Legiron on the 22nd of April please, as I've not been in their for at least 24hrs.

Well I thought as much but didn't like to say owt.

Hiya everyone, at Terry Macs funeral we met up with quite a few people who had no idea about the reunions and we decided to have a get together, as we ladies were going out anyway we've decided to allow men as well, it's going to be Friday 22nd April at The British Legion Club at Chapeltown, if your going please could you let me know as soon as possible as John Hindmarch and Tom Flynn are putting us a buffet on and they want to know how much smoked salmon and caviar to buy, thanks a lot. Chris.

Tom Flynn, smoked salmon & caviar don't go in the same sentence, try Tom Flynn, tin of tuna & cod roe :hihi:

Tom Flynn, smoked salmon & caviar don't go in the same sentence, try Tom Flynn, tin of tuna & cod roe :hihi:

Might not get any on the 22nd but it's got to be on the menu when he gets married in October :love:

Hiya everyone, at Terry Macs funeral we met up with quite a few people who had no idea about the reunions and we decided to have a get together, as we ladies were going out anyway we've decided to allow men as well, it's going to be Friday 22nd April at The British Legion Club at Chapeltown, if your going please could you let me know as soon as possible as John Hindmarch and Tom Flynn are putting us a buffet on and they want to know how much smoked salmon and caviar to buy, thanks a lot. Chris.

Put me down for a couple of dripping cakes please.

Mrs JDS

after pass on the drippin now, off up to Scotland on the Thursday before for a bit of Haggis

You mean that you are not going to save me any.

Put me down for a couple of dripping cakes please.

have you no class Dave,condensed milk sandwiches please.

I'm so sorry benbob, Ive only just seen this post.

Yes I knew Karen and Wendy really well

again, through the Reform Chapel.

I am trying to remember, Did they live next door

to Christine Hicks? :huh:

Hi NettieJ - Ray visited us last weekend - also spoke to Karen, who is soon to become a grandma for the first time.

They did actually live below the Hicks on Adsetts Street. Their homes were created by converting the old public house (the Dolphin) into two homes, with the Hicks' on the top floor and the Marshalls on the ground floor. Christine had a brother called Keith who has also been mentioned before on this thread, I think.

Ray can't remember the place as 'the Dolphin', however.