Anyone come from Grimesthorpe? (Part 2)

Hello OLGA, Would your initials make me think of a cup of tea?

Hi DOMMI - "how green you are, how green you are".

Hello Olga, Lady of Mystery. Would you happen to be on this photo?

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/rh200/roybutlerschool.jpg

Regards, Ralph.

Thanks for this wonderful photograph! What a trip down memory lane that was (or should I say Owler Lane)! Is that Stanley Francis (what a great teacher)? I'm catching up with the thread now to see if I can add a few things to the memory pool. Looking at Dorothy on the first row and Doris behind, a couple of hilarious moments spring to mind - the "jubbly" incident and the "hiccups" incident.

best wishes

O

Great photo's Ralph, this is where we have done our wandering over the last 40 odd years.

Ok Trev if you like that kind of thing,and i do i do.:hihi::love:xx

Hi.

I'm an imposter I'm afraid. 'cos I don't come from Grimesthorpe. Hoping to move there in a few weeks, so I gatecrashed! You seem a friendly, close knit lot.Do I need a passport tho'? suggestions please.

hija sand dollars i lived at the top of grimesthorpe rd near the shops

Hi

Thanks for reply.I was puzzled at first,couldn't remember seeing any shops...was so excited about moving. Then I recall, heading from Carlisle st towards the Meadowhell train station. Is that where you mean?

I called in Grimey last week, nice couple of pints in the Arms and Ball, walking down Birdwell and looking at the cellar grates thinking however did we manage to get down there when we were locked out!

Had to do that loads of times it was okay if the coal had been delivered recently but a long way down if the pile of coal was low!!

Do you do B & B ?

Had to close the B&B down Walt, as we were having trouble getting the visitors to go back home for some strange reason. :confused:

Ok Trev if you like that kind of thing,and i do i do.:hihi::love:xx

You wouldn't like it here Sheila, cold beer and hot days, you wouldn't be able to get to the reunions either, sand and surf don't make up for lack of family and friends etc.

Hi.

I'm an imposter I'm afraid. 'cos I don't come from Grimesthorpe. Hoping to move there in a few weeks, so I gatecrashed! You seem a friendly, close knit lot.Do I need a passport tho'? suggestions please.

Hi MA DEE

Welcome to the Grimesthorpe thread.

As you say we are a friendly lot although most of the

folk who post on here no longer live in Grimesthorpe.

There are still quite a few who do and I am sure

you will be welcomed by them once you arrive.

I would say, as long as you have a Sheffield or at least

South Yorkshire passport you should be ok getting over

the border.

I hope that you find that your move to Grimesthorpe proves

to be a very good choice, and you can always join us in our

reunions, to meet some of the old Grimesthorpians. :hihi:

You wouldn't like it here Sheila, cold beer and hot days, you wouldn't be able to get to the reunions either, sand and surf don't make up for lack of family and friends etc.

Think i could cope for a couple of weeks Trev,and seeing this lot twice a year at reunions is enough for anybody.:hihi:

Thanks Nettie J for your reply. The next month is going to be hectic sorting through all the 'tat' I've collected over the years. It will be great to move in and chill for a bit. Getting stressed already and I've not even started to pack yet! Must remember to keep the bottle opener handy for when I arrive.:D