Anyone come from Grimesthorpe? (Part 2)

Just been sat in front of the computer for about 3hrs looking through old threads really interesting. Albert Parr we lived next door to him I remember taking him something to eat and found him dead in his chair. All the photos of people I still recognise even though we are all a lot older.

wow kevin walshaw now thats a blast from the past hehehehehe Ive been reading this thread for a while and saw your name mentioned I remember your curly black hair

Edited by sand_dollars

Excuse me George, Susan was 60 last year.Wait for it she'll have summat to say.:hihi:

dont go telling porkies sheila .... if george want to say im 59 im ok with that lol xx

must have been a good year 1951. I think, benbob, vicky, susan(shiela's sister) & myself are 60 this year........pass me pills & walking stick...

sorry to have to admit it george but i was 60 last october i was the eldest of the lot of us as my dear sister was so ready to admit for me shes a pig lol x

was in my local club about a month ago (yes i have been in since before my sis says owt) and a lad approached me and said do you know who this is and pointed to someone

well lo and behold it was alan west from botham street, hes never changed his son lives in worksop same as me and alan was asking after all of you .... i have given him the forum lowdown and he said he wud get on here meanwhile he asked me to give all who knew him his best regards ..... he is a regular drinker with michael simmonite he said he wud try to get to the next reunion

sorry to have to admit it george but i was 60 last october i was the eldest of the lot of us as my dear sister was so ready to admit for me shes a pig lol x

Have you got your bus pass yet? I've got to wait while May 2012 for mine, were looking forward to getting it ....... think she might be a bit envious of us being so young.

wow kevin walshaw now thats a blast from the past hehehehehe Ive been reading this thread for a while and saw your name mentioned I remember your curly black hair

Hi sand dollar,welcome to the thread have you any memories to share,it's nice to have new people we're getting a bit stale.

Have you got your bus pass yet? I've got to wait while May 2012 for mine, were looking forward to getting it ....... think she might be a bit envious of us being so young.

OI Mr Clarke,i din't have to wait for mine.Off to Harrogate with it on thursday well as far as leeds free.Best thing ever,most likely scrap it before you lot get yours.:hihi:

OINK OINK.:hihi:

Hi sand dollar,welcome to the thread have you any memories to share,it's nice to have new people we're getting a bit stale.

Hi I remeber grimesthorpe well Had many a happy day in and around therelol I remember getting cardboard from a corner shop called hildas and going in the cemetry and climbing the hill at the back and sliding down ,lol those nettles hurt if you slide in them.seems the fun we had didn`t cost alot then as we seemed to have lots of imagination and had fun out of anything .I drove through there a while back,and not alot has changed although they have sprused the houses up and some have been pulled down.But the memories remain.

Edited by sand_dollars

hi nanny p,sorry i didnt get back sooner,its bill from the old yard.it was good to hear about some old friends fom grimesthorpe. the old place has ghanged so much , I was up there last week just to reminiss so much is so differant.remember when we all ust to meet in pams house on sunday nights to watch tele, everyone piled in, good times gone.Iremember when I got demobed every one had gone married.so I went back and went to Singapore 9 years altogether, finished a corpral wish the grimesthorpe years would come back but alas it nver does they were really good times ill never forget.Ill finish now.so goodnight god bless,hope to hear from soon nanny P Bill.

Hi I remeber grimesthorpe well Had many a happy day in and around therelol I remember getting cardboard from a corner shop called hildas and going in the cemetry and climbing the hill at the back and sliding down ,lol those nettles hurt if you slide in them.seems the fun we had didn`t cost alot then as we seemed to have lots of imagination and had fun out of anything .I drove through there a while back,and not alot has changed although they have sprused the houses up and some have been pulled down.But the memories remain.

something that never changes are memories,recall my sister ripping her bum open sliding on cardboard.cant recall hilda's though but i lived at Petre st end of grimesthorpe.spent many an hour up on the gunstand though.

something that never changes are memories,recall my sister ripping her bum open sliding on cardboard.cant recall hilda's though but i lived at Petre st end of grimesthorpe.spent many an hour up on the gunstand though.

Hi

Hildas was a little corner shop as you turned of skelwith road onto rothay road .at the bottom of rothay road was a veg shop across the road was the chip shop then the co op.

Hildas was a little convienience shop sold allsorts lol,hilda was a little plump lady with peroxcide hair always had a cig in her mouth.

Edited by sand_dollars