Anyone come from Grimesthorpe? (Part 2)

Hi I'm also a Clarke, I think I'm right in saying that all the Clarke's on this site originated from Grimesthorpe, Southwell Rd, I dont know of any that went over Penistone Rd area, but I will stand being corrected. I believe our grandparents originated from Rotherham.

Hi there. Are you the Tommy Clarke who lived near Frankie Brown on Clevedon Street?

Hi Tara. Are you going to the reunion? I look forward to the photos that are usually put on here.

Hi there. Are you the Tommy Clarke who lived near Frankie Brown on Clevedon Street?
Iam Gary Clarke Toms son sadley lost dad but we did live on clevedon street many years ago.A woollen will probley know more ?

Is this the same Dave Drabbs that resides in Aston now?

yes , it is aughton now, used to live on jay lane off the chase at aston

hello dave drabbs iknow terry and jack from barnsley rd at s s c and you started work at a toledos on neppsend lane and you went to the mojo as i did im not going to the reunion this time so i may see you at the next one bye

you have got me pondering now as to who you are,hope to see you soon

Thats what I say too, I was born in Firth Park but all myfriends and memories are in Grimesthorpe :D

Yes there are only two types of people, those born and brought up in Grimesthorpe and those who wish they had been.

ey up, managed to get back on, see yall tonight.

Hi Tara. Are you going to the reunion? I look forward to the photos that are usually put on here.

Hi again, Cornish Rose. No I am not going as I work Friday nights. I have not been on the thread for a while so I had not realised it was this Friday. Obviously you will not be there. I feel that because I left Grimesthorpe when I was 10 years old, I do not seem to have the contacts that everyone else has. I had thought that I would go to the next reunion though, and wondered if you would like to come and stay at ours for a few days. I guess it should be sometime in October. Hope you and your new hips are all okay. I am absolutely shattered, looking after an ageing parent. What page are your school pics on as I DO intend to try and put some names to faces.

Hi Tara Misu

We were all born in Darnall, but moved to Grimesthorpe in the 60's. I too attended the Reform chapel. Sounds like you could have many memories to share with us Tara.

How come you moved to Grimesthorpe. Everyone else seemed to be moving away at that time. Which school did you go to. My younger sister went to Hinde House.

ey up, managed to get back on, see yall tonight.

cant make it this time sorry again looking forwards to loads of pictures...

Sorry we didn't make it things didn't go as planned, will try harder next time :-)

Sorry we didn't make it things didn't go as planned, will try harder next time :-)

Yes we all had a good time I enjoyed "a couple of shandies"

No doubt our own David Bailey will be posting a few snapshots.