Anyone come from Grimesthorpe? (Part 2)

Hi everyone, found this Forum by chance and not sure if I am eligible to comment!! I went to Owler Lane Infants and then Grimesthorpe Juniors before passing my 11+ in 1965 and going on to grammar school. I have two older brothers who also went to these schools and then onto Owler Lane Secondary (not quite as brainy as I was), Keith and Bernard - our surname was Sprague. We lived on Firth Park Road, the Page Hall end. Names I remember from those days are Linda Wilson, Diane Holmes, David Palmer, Maureen Howard, Carol Edwards, Denise Farmer, Alan Oldfield, Malcolm Ullyatt.

Hi Annie,

Is Keith about 60ish I think he was in mine and Walt's year at Junior school.

Hi everyone, found this Forum by chance and not sure if I am eligible to comment!! I went to Owler Lane Infants and then Grimesthorpe Juniors before passing my 11+ in 1965 and going on to grammar school. I have two older brothers who also went to these schools and then onto Owler Lane Secondary (not quite as brainy as I was), Keith and Bernard - our surname was Sprague. We lived on Firth Park Road, the Page Hall end. Names I remember from those days are Linda Wilson, Diane Holmes, David Palmer, Maureen Howard, Carol Edwards, Denise Farmer, Alan Oldfield, Malcolm Ullyatt.

bernard spague rings a bell how old is he,i also went to owler lane with a pat ullyatt.

well done janie m next time i am in A and E you will have to show yourself

Thank you, I had a double take, thought I'd gone on to part one :-) You'll have to ask if I'm on or wear a badge, although I hope we don't meet at work, the reunion would be better lol

Hi every one how's about us all getting together again for coffee at Henry's cafe in Firth Park where we all met just before Christmas..i was thinking about next week what day will be best for everyone...please let me know soon as.......see you all soon x:)

Hi Cat and all,

somewhere hidden in our house photographs do exist of my good self wearing a TUTU, WIG, Black Tights and carrying a Fairy Wand. In my defence I have to say it was a new years eve fancy dress party, I did have many comments in the pubs in Chapeltown, the main one as I recall was Where Do You Keep Your Wallet, to which I replied have a feel first before you look. I'll leave that to your own imaginations, if found I will bring them to the next reunion, Val Barrett eat your heart out.

Same outfit you were wearing when we saw you in Morrisons cafe then Roger......:)

Edited by mrsJDS

Hi every one how's about us all getting together again for coffee at Henry's cafe in Firth Park where we all met just before Christmas..i was thinking about next week what day will be best for everyone...please let me know soon as.......see you all soon x:)

I'm up for it lovely, any day's fine by me except Friday and whatever day we're going to Manchester.

Hi DavidRa, Yes Keith was 60 last year and Bernard is 2 years older.

Hi MrsJDS, assuming you are MrsJDS 4th, as I am MrsJDS 2nd!! It's a small world. How are you keeping? Hope life is treating you well now. Skeggy is just fine - bit damp and chilly - but fine.

Mrs JDS, I thought you was keeping that a secret between ourselves and the rest of Morrisons.

i think i remember Bernard Sprague i was at owler lane 1959-63 i remember

Pat Ullyat,Pat Mason, Harry Briggs Alan West and many more.

Hi Cat and all,

somewhere hidden in our house photographs do exist of my good self wearing a TUTU, WIG, Black Tights and carrying a Fairy Wand. In my defence I have to say it was a new years eve fancy dress party, I did have many comments in the pubs in Chapeltown, the main one as I recall was Where Do You Keep Your Wallet, to which I replied have a feel first before you look. I'll leave that to your own imaginations, if found I will bring them to the next reunion, Val Barrett eat your heart out.

You've just confirmed my suspitions, Did you manage to avoid going to the toilet all evening?. How do you sit down wearing a tutu? I will have to get used to calling you Desmond,, or Desdemona.:confused:

Mrs JDS, I thought you was keeping that a secret between ourselves and the rest of Morrisons.

Ha Ha Alligin....your secrets is definatley not safe with us, i wondered why you had a fairy wand sticking out of your pocket and those stilletto's didnt go with those black tights lol !!!!!!!!!:)

i think i remember Bernard Sprague i was at owler lane 1959-63 i remember

Pat Ullyat,Pat Mason, Harry Briggs Alan West and many more.

must be the same bernard ,cos i was at school with the others you named.