Anyone come from Grimesthorpe? (Part 2)

Thats the one Ralph,got it wrong again,at least I got the right street!,

I`m fine Chris I see you and the other two Spice Girls are out and about, looking at some of the good photo`s.By the way keep an eye on Glasby,entertaining at night,Tut Tut,don`t know what the nieghbours il think.

Eyup Mick, it's Helen Mclachlan (Marion and John's daughter) that BGs seeing they've been a couple since New Years Eve, she's been home this weekend for her 50th birthday, she lives in London now she's a prison officer at Pentonville, I'll send you some pics of New Years Eve when I get a minute later I'm still trying to catch up with myself from Friday night, I couldn't get to Helen's Party Saturday so I cooked for everybody, Glasby came later to pick Helen up then he called Saturday to bring Luke a present. Try and get up for the reunion we don't see you often enough nowadays.

Could the ballet dancer have been Val Barret who lived opposite the Peacocks? I'm sure she went on to greater things on TV.

Oh 'ell, what have I said? First time I've been on here in ages and I'm talking about ballet dancing. Not done my image much good.

I think you are right about Val Barret being a dancer CAT, I've got this vision of you in a tutu and crash helmet it's horrible:hihi:

See. I knew what you lot would say about me. First it was elastic bands and now its a

tutu. What's a tutu?

See. I knew what you lot would say about me. First it was elastic bands and now its a

tutu. What's a tutu?

Its one o' them degrees tha gets at uni, otherwise known as a desmond.

Did the desmond [Deg] affect your tutu in the river Walt ? ha ha.

Valerie Barrett was indeed a Lionel Blair dancer. Her Mum was a good dressmaker and made some lovely dresses for Heather and myself. When I first started at King Ecgberts School Valerie kindly let me tag along with her so she could show me the ropes. She probably didn't want to but we didn't say no to our Mum's, now did we?

errr sorry no, heard the name Janice Peacock, think our June's age? see its all top end Birdwell, I was bottem end Birdwell n' didn't get out much...sheltered life you know.

That apart, does that help amcam?

That does help a bit. Barbara has passed away but I am still looking for Victor. He lives in Stairfoot now but unable to locate address.

I think you are right about Val Barret being a dancer CAT, I've got this vision of you in a tutu and crash helmet it's horrible:hihi:

OMG Dave dun't bear thinking about does it.x

Well the studying is officially over, I've passed my dissertation and come out with a 2.1 degree with honours in nursing. Which means I can now keep up to date with the thread without trying to sneak a look while I was supposed to be studying:-) x

well done janie m next time i am in A and E you will have to show yourself

Hi everyone, found this Forum by chance and not sure if I am eligible to comment!! I went to Owler Lane Infants and then Grimesthorpe Juniors before passing my 11+ in 1965 and going on to grammar school. I have two older brothers who also went to these schools and then onto Owler Lane Secondary (not quite as brainy as I was), Keith and Bernard - our surname was Sprague. We lived on Firth Park Road, the Page Hall end. Names I remember from those days are Linda Wilson, Diane Holmes, David Palmer, Maureen Howard, Carol Edwards, Denise Farmer, Alan Oldfield, Malcolm Ullyatt.

Hi everyone, found this Forum by chance and not sure if I am eligible to comment!! I went to Owler Lane Infants and then Grimesthorpe Juniors before passing my 11+ in 1965 and going on to grammar school. I have two older brothers who also went to these schools and then onto Owler Lane Secondary (not quite as brainy as I was), Keith and Bernard - our surname was Sprague. We lived on Firth Park Road, the Page Hall end. Names I remember from those days are Linda Wilson, Diane Holmes, David Palmer, Maureen Howard, Carol Edwards, Denise Farmer, Alan Oldfield, Malcolm Ullyatt.

Hiya Anne welcome to the thread, hope you have a few tales to tell, hows Skegness this time of year ?

Edited by mrsJDS

Hi Cat and all,

somewhere hidden in our house photographs do exist of my good self wearing a TUTU, WIG, Black Tights and carrying a Fairy Wand. In my defence I have to say it was a new years eve fancy dress party, I did have many comments in the pubs in Chapeltown, the main one as I recall was Where Do You Keep Your Wallet, to which I replied have a feel first before you look. I'll leave that to your own imaginations, if found I will bring them to the next reunion, Val Barrett eat your heart out.