Anyone come from Grimesthorpe? (Part 2)

there is two big houses there and apparently one was vicarage for st thomas n other for st hildas. St hildas is not being used for anything at the moment, i live bang across from it, it just keeps getting fired by kids allegedly. The firemen aren't bad to look at though lol.

We have to laugh when mum talks about st thomas', she says she can't go anywhere for a work reference as she's been made redundent from everywhere and the buildings no longer exist, and the church she got married is now a circus. I just hope she hasn't jinxed the nhs now she's there.

Speaking of redundencies, if anyone knows anyone in the motor trade who might be looking for a car sprayer/body shop please message me, my other half is being finished after 25 years of service!!!

good tradesmen are hard to come by! He will be alright .

St Thomas' owes me some money. In February 1918, my grandad bought a burial plot there, owned in perpetuity, for two pounds. Where do I get a refund? In the late 40's, we used to to the dances at the church hall across the road. That's where my Mom taught me to dance.

St Thomas' owes me some money. In February 1918, my grandad bought a burial plot there, owned in perpetuity, for two pounds. Where do I get a refund? In the late 40's, we used to to the dances at the church hall across the road. That's where my Mom taught me to dance.

Don't forget, plus intrest:hihi:

hahaha! hope you get it becketth

Flippin eck you'd be rich :hihi::hihi:

Welcome to the Grimesthorpe thread

I hope you have many more funny stories to tell us

as far as I know it's never shut, I shall be walking down in about 20 mins, just to check if ale's OK, don't normally drink you know.. I'll keep you informed

Hope you didn't struggle too much in

checking out the ale in the Railway geotom.

I bet it took more than 1 - just to make sure eh! :hihi:

billyboy Hi bill nice to hear from someone at top o Grimesthorpe.Havn't seen anything of ken or the barstows but often see Mavis and Peggy - Ken's sisters Do you remember the Billams well Alan Billam is writing a book on old Grimesthorpe. Just before Christmas I went to a reunion that Alan had organised and met up with Joan Huckle (she lived next door to Gledhalls shop) Sylvia Dawson and Doreen Thompson was there with the daughters of her younger sisters Jean and Rita. I went with my uncle Geoff - one of the Bingleys who lived just up from your house across the gennel. That top half of Grimesthorpe is unregnisable now.

hahaha! hope you get it becketth

Flippin eck you'd be rich :hihi::hihi:

I hope you have many more funny stories to tell us

i have been reading the thread,s back pages and find it very intresting and hope to join in the chat when i get the hang of this lap top,:gag: southweller.

i have been reading the thread,s back pages and find it very intresting and hope to join in the chat when i get the hang of this lap top,:gag: southweller.

Hi Southweller and welcome to the Grimesthorpe thread.

We look forward to your chat.

Hoping you get the hand of the lap top very soon :hihi:

billyboy Hi bill nice to hear from someone at top o Grimesthorpe.Havn't seen anything of ken or the barstows but often see Mavis and Peggy - Ken's sisters Do you remember the Billams well Alan Billam is writing a book on old Grimesthorpe. Just before Christmas I went to a reunion that Alan had organised and met up with Joan Huckle (she lived next door to Gledhalls shop) Sylvia Dawson and Doreen Thompson was there with the daughters of her younger sisters Jean and Rita. I went with my uncle Geoff - one of the Bingleys who lived just up from your house across the gennel. That top half of Grimesthorpe is unregnisable now.

Hi granny p.

If you go back to the posts just before Christmas

you will see a few photos taken at the Alan Billam reunion.

From the photos I have seen.

I would say that Doreen was there with her daughters

Wendy and Julie. I grew up with them and am still

in touch with Wendy.

I wonder if you are on any of the photos!

Welcome southweller, told you it was easy.

Does anyone know of a Barbara Peacock or a Victor Richard Peacock that used to live in Grimesthorpe during the 1940s and 1950s.