Anyone come from Grimesthorpe? (Part 2)

absolutely brilliant brought a tear to the eyes thanks J.

it was brill cuz

it was brill cuz

weerz tha bin our kid? glad n big norm back on bowfield road:huh:

great footage on cliffe them videos can remember nicking from that shop on corner:hihi:

great footage on cliffe them videos can remember nicking from that shop on corner:hihi:

good riddance nieghbourhood might improve wishing all a merry xmass on grimesthorpe thread tell your mother merry xmass and take care and tell our steve get a new wig:thumbsup:

Wishing everyone a Happy and Peaceful Christmas, let's hope that the winter chill doesnot put a stop to the festivities. Best wishes to all for the New Year Chris x

Just been looking at a link posted by a friend on facebook which I'm sure you'll be interested in, go on to youtube and look for link sheffield then & now, parts 1 & 3, it's all around 'cliffe. There are other old sheffield links on there too but haven't looked at them yet.

just been browsing and looked at you tube sheffield slums same site they are great as well have a wander down memory lane ...

i.v been told that glads in hospital

Terry & Linda Jessop, would like to wish you all A Very Happy Christmas,xx

Hi Dommi, Nettie,Martin

I am the 'said' Vikki Morley who lived on Margate Drive and yes my cousin Valarie lived there too. I have great memories of my childhood when I lved in the prefab. ;)

Hello Vikki, welcome to the Grimesthorpe thread. I hope you will share your memories of Margate Drive. You are much younger than me, so your memory should be better. Merry Christmas and a Healthy New Year to all the Grimeys

i am wishing everyone a good xmas and a happy new year and i hope you all keep well wrap up warm when you go out

Merry Xmas and Happy New Year to you all.Sheila x

hi all.

my dad grew up on grimesthorpe road. he is bill hayes, does anyone remember him. his brother is tom and they have two sisters, frances and elizabeth. my dad left there in 1960 when he married my mother and moved to handsworth. my grandad and aunty frances lived there until the mid seventies when the old houses on grimesthorpe were compulsory purchased and pulled down. my dad remembers a few names mentioned on this thread. he also remembers a girl called pamella hinchcliffe, does anyone know what happend to her and one of his childhood freinds, vic toyne. i can remember my grandad takeing me to the corner shop at the top of bothem street at the junction with grimesthorpe rd