Anyone come from Grimesthorpe? (Part 2)

Sad to confirm but it is 'our' Bob Litchfield who's passed away. Along with Bob, Alligin, Dommi and myself, all went through school together, just sorry we lost contact.

ask him he remembers me from firth park club and there abouts

give him my best wishes

Dont think anybody would forget you from your younger days...

Dont think anybody would forget you from your younger days...

well i did get round abit playing darts

hi all bob sister was called norma i think

he did live in grimsby for a while then he came back to sheffield but i dont know where to

I'm Bobs son mark. Albert, Audrey and Bob have now passed, there's only Auntie Norma left. His funeral was today at Grenoside.

I'm Bobs son mark. Albert, Audrey and Bob have now passed, there's only Auntie Norma left. His funeral was today at Grenoside.

i am so sorry for the loss of your dad he was agreat man the last we saw him he had come up from grimsby and he met up with my hubby and son in the bowling green then he rang me to go down which then he got me drunk lol

so that would be the last time we saw him

Hi litchy,

sorry to hear about your Dad, as cat as already quoted, we went to school together please accept my condolences.

Hi Litchy so sorry to hear about your dad, as I said before we lived next door to your dad and my mum and your gran were really good friends, your dad was quite a few years older than me but he was always really kind to us as kids

give us a clue then who do you love ?

EY UP ANGE.. BOUT TIME YOU LOGGED ON? :hihi:

EY UP ANGE.. BOUT TIME YOU LOGGED ON? :hihi:

I did log on but then my post vanished.

Thankyou for your condolences.I was born on Southwell and have fond memories of early childhood, even being christened across the road and we lived back on upwell st for 12 years. Mrs Martin on the end of the road was the oldest resident I remembered untill she moved up to Firshill. Does anyone remember the Burgess family on Southwell, Jenny Samantha, cant remember the other 2. It was still a community when we lived on Upwell st with Tony the barber and John at the chippy, now, even the post office is gone. Shame.

Hi does anyone remember our chippy opposite Jack Crooks shop on the corner of Birdwell...i can see my dad now eyeing all potatoes in back shed. Mrs Coldwell used to live next door to us, and used to come in and help us on saturdays when it was realy busy.

Hi does anyone remember our chippy opposite Jack Crooks shop on the corner of Birdwell...i can see my dad now eyeing all potatoes in back shed. Mrs Coldwell used to live next door to us, and used to come in and help us on saturdays when it was realy busy.

I can remember a certain Dave Moore, didn't Jack Crookes once catch him cleaning your bedroom window Sue ? those were the days, how many hours did we spend huddled in the phone box on Rothay RD, that's gone now and who didn't have their wedding reception at the church hall, your Barbara's was a good one, but thats another story.