Anyone come from Grimesthorpe? (Part 2)

Have yourselves a very Merry Christmas................and a Happy New Year, off to midnight service soon, best wishes to all

Chris

i remember christmas eve as a kid. standing outside sheffield arms waiting for em all coming out slightyly intoxicated.. we used to get loads a money me and our lynne lol we would share it up and end up we about a shilling each hey happy days !!!!

G'day Grimey's, none of that reindeer's & sleigh rubbish here, it's sirens and flashing lights.

100_0334.jpg

All the very best to you all.

I see the GRITTERS have done a good job on your street SKIPPY. Father Christmas in sunglasses, it doesn't seem to go together somehow. I hope everyone has a great Christmas and a healthy 2010. See you at the next reunion.:partyhat::partyhat:

Merry Xmas to all you 'Grimesthorpians' out there.

Finding this thread was a highlight of my year-perhaps I should get out more!

As a relative newcomer, I'm waiting impatiently for my first reunion in the spring.

Don.

Merry Christmas and best wishes to all you Grimesthorpe people. I look forward to seeing many of you in the New Year.

Must go now, I've got some serious eating and drinking to get on with.

All the Best, Ralph.

please don't mention food and drink Ralph my stomach won't take any more.

light diet and no drink today.:hihi:Sheila

I see the GRITTERS have done a good job on your street SKIPPY. Father Christmas in sunglasses, it doesn't seem to go together somehow. I hope everyone has a great Christmas and a healthy 2010. See you at the next reunion.:partyhat::partyhat:

hope you've had a good one Dave.Sheila

-----------------

hi sue, did you know pete knowles had died just over a week

now, but funeral not been taken yet-- due for city rd

age 67, -------- brian ex hunsly st.

didn't realise he was that age Brian,thats sad.Sheila

Hi all, hope you all had a good day yesterday, we just tried to go for a walk along the river, from off Brightside Lane, wow.. its like a flipping slipping skating rink. so just had a little walk up Newall Rd along Attercliffe, down Hawk St, and back along Brightside Lane, to car and home, just enough to blow cobwebs off, and now back to vegetating.

Hi all, hope you all had a good day yesterday, we just tried to go for a walk along the river, from off Brightside Lane, wow.. its like a flipping slipping skating rink. so just had a little walk up Newall Rd along Attercliffe, down Hawk St, and back along Brightside Lane, to car and home, just enough to blow cobwebs off, and now back to vegetating.

WIER? IN ARMS:hihi:HAPPY NEW YEAR!

[quote=DOMMI;

Father Christmas in sunglasses, it doesn't seem to go together somehow.

Owd Santa comes around throwing sweets to the kids every year, it's more believable than flying reindeers Dommi, mind you I have seen one fly, I hit one some years ago with the car, thank goodness I didn't ride my bike to work that night, they're in plague proportion here, but they only come out at night and are very rarely seen, until it's too late.

thought i would wish all of you A VERY HAPPY AND PROSPEROUS NEW YEAR before i go out and get drunk and forget to do it, have a good time all xxxxx susan.