Anyone come from Grimesthorpe? (Part 2)

Hi all, just thought I'd let you know, bursting to tell really, we've just had a new branch to our family tree, our first grandson, Max. Sarah and Max both doing well.

Congratulations to the proud grandparents and parents, :love::banana:

Hi all, just thought I'd let you know, bursting to tell really, we've just had a new branch to our family tree, our first grandson, Max. Sarah and Max both doing well.
Hi george, congratulations to you all, Steve.

Thank you all very much, been booked already for babysitting.

Thank you all very much, been booked already for babysitting.

not another clarke is it were getting overrun with them

cheers all the same

Congratulations George, and welcome to the club, it's great being grand parents.

Best wishes to the parents and yourselves George, cat says nappy changing gets no easier, but it's a lot better now than using the terry napkins that you use to have to wash and dry :hihi: make the most of him while he's little, they seem to grow up so fast.

congratulations geotom, wait till you have 10 of them lol xx love susan xx

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n297/Rawson21/wincoroad2.jpg

I was intrigued by this photo I found on the internet of Wincobank Lane, particulary the sign above the house on Winco Road. Was it a star ? The second coming perhaps ? The birth of Steve H ? Then i thought no, get real, this is Grimesthorpe, where would they get three wise men, and if that were'nt difficult enough where on earth would they find a virgin ?

I was intrigued by this photo I found on the internet of Wincobank Lane, particulary the sign above the house on Winco Road. Was it a star ? The second coming perhaps ? The birth of Steve H ? Then i thought no, get real, this is Grimesthorpe, where would they get three wise men, and if that were'nt difficult enough where on earth would they find a virgin ?

Hi Walt:wave:, Charlie Wise from Reform Chapel cold have been one :thumbsup: stumped with the virgin though :huh::hihi:

p.s. isthat somebody under the car doing repairs ? or just some unlucky so & so been knocked down with a runaway car :hihi::hihi::hihi:

No, you are way out on this one Walt. This picture was originally published on the 4th June 1956 in the Grimesthorpe Bugle, a well known local publication.

Many of you will remember 'Spot The Ball' in the Green Un, the Bugle tried a similar competition, 'Spot the Smoke'. The lucky winner was Steven Highfield who received a postal order for 2/6.

The virgin query is proving more difficult.

No, you are way out on this one Walt. This picture was originally published on the 4th June 1956 in the Grimesthorpe Bugle, a well known local publication.

Many of you will remember 'Spot The Ball' in the Green Un, the Bugle tried a similar competition, 'Spot the Smoke'. The lucky winner was Steven Highfield who received a postal order for 2/6.

The virgin query is proving more difficult.

Hi ralph, dont know what the arrow is for could be a you are here sign, had an all inclusive week in Skeggy with the two and a tanner.