Anyone come from Grimesthorpe? (Part 2)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SHEILA, You must be about 30 now.:D Have a good day. See You Soon

double that and add two.:hihi:

Further to my last posting, here is the class of 1958/59 from Grimesthorpe juniors, which was the basis of Elaine Shaw's 1993 reunion night.

I know some of the faces here but certainly not all - so have a good look and post their names.

To start, Elaine Shaw is 4th from the right on the top row...... and the girl at the end of the front row on the right looks paticularly angelic! (as you look at the photo).

best of luck

http://i1009.photobucket.com/albums/af215/benbob02/reuniongrimeythread3.jpg

Further to my last posting, here is the class of 1958/59 from Grimesthorpe juniors, which was the basis of Elaine Shaw's 1993 reunion night.

I know some of the faces here but certainly not all - so have a good look and post their names.

To start, Elaine Shaw is 4th from the right on the top row...... and the girl at the end of the front row on the right looks paticularly angelic! (as you look at the photo).

best of luck

http://i1009.photobucket.com/albums/af215/benbob02/reuniongrimeythread3.jpg

I can pick out 4 "Old Firparnians" but cannot find you Benbob, go on enlighten us . Is it 4th from right on second row ?

The four that I recognised were:- Kenneth Hall (Back Row 3rd from left), Gwyn Williams - Cousin of Alan Wooton-(second row 1st on left) , Keith (Yogi ) Ball aka Hawkshead Boy (front row 3rd from left) and Steven (Dobbin) Dobbs (Front row 3rd from right)

hi benbob, not sure about Ann Grocock, but I think the lass on the far right next to Susan Whitaker, is Dave Dunns sister Susan, a year younger than us.

I was talking to George Proctors wife, Mag's, the other evening, and hopefully we will be having a night out with them before long, will let you know when.

Hey George, just realised who you're talking about, Maggie Whittaker was a great friend of mine from Hinde House, we occasionally chat on Friends Reunited send her my best wishes when you next see her. Thanks Chris.

Hey George, just realised who you're talking about, Maggie Whittaker was a great friend of mine from Hinde House, we occasionally chat on Friends Reunited send her my best wishes when you next see her. Thanks Chris.

Hi ya Christine, I'm trying to get them to come to the next reunion, which will be March, possibly.

I can pick out 4 "Old Firparnians" but cannot find you Benbob, go on enlighten us . Is it 4th from right on second row ?

The four that I recognised were:- Kenneth Hall (Back Row 3rd from left), Gwyn Williams - Cousin of Alan Wooton-(second row 1st on left) , Keith (Yogi ) Ball aka Hawkshead Boy (front row 3rd from left) and Steven (Dobbin) Dobbs (Front row 3rd from right)

if my memory is correct i think that..........front row..1st left is kathleen price...second left lynn chapman......2cnd row.. 2cnd left janet price ....back row ..3rd from right vicky walshaw....6 from right iris broomhead no doubt if im wrong some one will correct me lol x so who is the angelic looking one then lol x

if you are going to talk about me let me in on it
HELLO UNCLE :thumbsup:

THEY THOUGHT AUNT BETTE WAS MUMS SISTER put things straight now

HELLO UNCLE :thumbsup:

THEY THOUGHT AUNT BETTE WAS MUMS SISTER put things straight now

dont get your hair of betty was your dads sister

she was from grimesthorpe not dinnington

if my memory is correct i think that..........front row..1st left is kathleen price...second left lynn chapman......2cnd row.. 2cnd left janet price ....back row ..3rd from right vicky walshaw....6 from right iris broomhead no doubt if im wrong some one will correct me lol x so who is the angelic looking one then lol x

is that you our kid,front row far right.

is that you our kid,front row far right.

well i thort it were but cant remember being angelic so it threw me lol x

Rf2690- Sheila I'm glad you spotted your sister at the end of the front row. When I dug this foto out I saw her before I noticed me! And I only said she looked angelic...

I've found 3 other Grimesthorpe Junior fotos and Susan is on all 3 so I'll bring copies to the next reunion for you.

Walt- Spot on with the 4 other Firparnians and also where I'm sat. The other 3 to go to Firth Park from our year were Philip Reaney, David Tew (I think, but may be wrong) and Ian Moore (I think he went on to Oxbridge). You mentioned Gwynne Williams as a cousin of Alan's. The Miller (Neil) said Alan was not on this thread so if you see him can you ask him how Gwynne is these days. I lost touch with Gwynne and his family in the 70's.

The 58 foto- as far as I can recall The following might be:

Back row - 5th from left is this Stephan Ivanco??

7th left Susan Black?

8th left Diane Hanson

2nd from right David Tew and far right Rodney Haynes

Middle - 6th from left Richard Barker and far right Elaine Davison?

2nd row up - Queen - Shirley ???

6th from right Philip Reeney

5th right John Wright

2nd from right Kath Fleming and far right David Johnson

front row - far right our Susan (Susan827)

Apologies for those that I've got wrong but there's still a lot left to name. Can anyone out there help?

Rf2690- Sheila I'm glad you spotted your sister at the end of the front row. When I dug this foto out I saw her before I noticed me! And I only said she looked angelic...

I've found 3 other Grimesthorpe Junior fotos and Susan is on all 3 so I'll bring copies to the next reunion for you.

Walt- Spot on with the 4 other Firparnians and also where I'm sat. The other 3 to go to Firth Park from our year were Philip Reaney, David Tew (I think, but may be wrong) and Ian Moore (I think he went on to Oxbridge). You mentioned Gwynne Williams as a cousin of Alan's. The Miller (Neil) said Alan was not on this thread so if you see him can you ask him how Gwynne is these days. I lost touch with Gwynne and his family in the 70's.

The 58 foto- as far as I can recall The following might be:

Back row - 5th from left is this Stephan Ivanco??

7th left Susan Black?

8th left Diane Hanson

2nd from right David Tew and far right Rodney Haynes

Middle - 6th from left Richard Barker and far right Elaine Davison?

2nd row up - Queen - Shirley ???

6th from right Philip Reeney

5th right John Wright

2nd from right Kath Fleming and far right David Johnson

front row - far right our Susan (Susan827)

Apologies for those that I've got wrong but there's still a lot left to name. Can anyone out there help?

Hi benbob, my good lady thinks the queen is Shirly Gill.