Anyone come from Grimesthorpe? (Part 2)

Happy birthday sheila love you loads have a good un susan xxxxxxx

Hi ya benbob, I can name all but 2, back row:- Margret Hall, ??, Susan Challenor, Elaine Shaw, Kath Flemming, Susan Whitaker, ??,

Middle row:- Tom Oldfield, Susan Hepplestone, John Martin, Lynn Allen, Ann Whitley,

Front row;- Philip Reeney, George Proctor, Philip Corker, Donald Yates, Stephen Deeks, Jeff Rhodes.

I was there along with Stephan Ivanco, Kenneth Hinkins, and others, but I can't think of any more.

HELLO GEORGE :wave:DID YOU GET THE PM AS REGUARDS A.WOOLLEN?..GAZ

Edited by pigeon
WRONG SPELLING

Hello John. My birthdate is February and my friend Alligin, July, we both started at Owler Lane in September. I can't remember anyone starting school other than September. I think we were four.

Happy Birthday Sheila......they do seem to came round quickly these days.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SHEILA XXX av a gud un xx dont get too drunk xx::thumbsup::heyhey:

too right ralph,last thing you need is it broadcasting.:hihi:

I was trying to think when I started Infant school at Owler Lane before going to Grimesthorpe. I am unsure - was it the start of the term when we were 4 or was it 5 years old? I was born 19 May 1944 and know I started school at Easter but was in 1948 or 1949?

Then went to Grimesthorpe in Sept 1951 I think

My memories "on the blink" !

I am sure loads on here will know the answer.

John

I am 6 years younger than yourself, (born August 1950) and recall starting at Owler lane Infants after Easter in 1955, going on to Grimesthorpe Junior School in September 1957. By my reckoning you would have gone to Owler Lane infants after Easter in 1949.

hi benbob, not sure about Ann Grocock, but I think the lass on the far right next to Susan Whitaker, is Dave Dunns sister Susan, a year younger than us.

I was talking to George Proctors wife, Mag's, the other evening, and hopefully we will be having a night out with them before long, will let you know when.

Hi ya pigeon, yes thanks got it.. cheers

too right ralph,last thing you need is it broadcasting.:hihi:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SHEILA, You must be about 30 now.:D Have a good day. See You Soon

Hello everyone. I'm trying to put together a photo collection of Grimesthorpe's pubs, past and present.

Up to now I have: The Ball, Sheffield Arms, Bowling Green, Alexandre Hotel, Firth Park Hotel, The Who Can Tell? and the Victoria Hotel. Please let me know if I've missed any. Was there an Albion somewhere?

I need: The Crown, The Hodson, The Beehive, The Prince of Wales and Grimesthorpe Club

Does anyone have any of the missing photos? Please ask your friends and relatives.

The only photo I have of the Vic is the one wth Albert Parr. I have a pic of Grimesthorpe Club as it is now (apartments, I believe) and would like one in its club days.

Here's hoping you can help. Thanks. Ralph.

there`s a upwell inn at 132 upwell st in a book of old pubs i`m reading but doe`s not say when it closed some of grimmy gang may shed some light

HELLO GEORGE :wave:DID YOU GET THE PM AS REGUARDS A.WOOLLEN?..GAZ

if you are going to talk about me let me in on it