Anyone come from Grimesthorpe? (Part 2)

Yes I think Mick will be as well.

There would have been a few tears shed eh Dave, I bet you had a real good night.

Was it Wilson Gumpetts Kev ?

It was Wilson Gumpetts - dolls hospital too!!!

Sorry - just realised I'm a bit late with this reply!!!

Edited by parsleydiva

My first Grimesthorpe Reunion - and it held a few surprises! Good grub at the Ball too :-)

My first Grimesthorpe Reunion - and it held a few surprises! Good grub at the Ball too :-)

Welcome to the Grimesthorpe thread

Paul about time lol

Glad you enjoyed yourself x

What a great night it was and my big brother

will be pleased to know that I behaved myself

didnt drink much and just sat quietly all night :wink:

There were quite a few new faces

and I think we have to say a BIG thank you to the Ball

The food was wonderful. :clap::thumbsup:

When's next one lol

What a great night it was and my big brother

will be pleased to know that I behaved myself

didnt drink much and just sat quietly all night :wink:

There were quite a few new faces

and I think we have to say a BIG thank you to the Ball

The food was wonderful. :clap::thumbsup:

When's next one lol

goes to show who's the bad influence on you nettie,will not name names but when's she back off holiday.:hihi:i was last out as usual.it was a good night lovely buffet.

There would have been a few tears shed eh Dave, I bet you had a real good night.

Hi Skippy a good night, United won the Ball put on a nice spread I even had a couple of shandies, it was great to see new faces and especially to see Laurence Briggs and Alan Wootten after forty odd years.

Ralph was taking a number of mugshots with his "brownie" so no doubt he will be posting them in due course.

Welcome to the thread pauldee. This was my third reunion and I've enjoyed every one. The food was good and it is always nice to refresh old memories. Here's to the next one.

Hello everyone and a big thankyou to all who went to the reunion at The Ball last night, Friday 18th September, 2009. If you all enjoyed it as much as I did, then our get together must have been another success. A few new faces joined the regulars to set the old memories rolling again and the Landlady of The Ball, very kindly laid on a wonderful spread. Thankyou from everyone.

My only disappointment of the evening: When I suggested for old times sake, we all walk down Little Lane and pee in t’ Dyke at midnight,................Well, you can imagine the response.

Here’s the stuff you’ve been waiting for, memories of another lovely reunion.

Kevin, Lynne and Dave. Dave has just had a long spell in hospital, really pleased you were able to join us and now ‘on the mend’.

DSCN7196.jpg

The delightful Jeanette doing what she does best.

DSCN7205.jpg

Sue , Angela and Paul Warren putting the world to rite.

DSCN7214-1.jpg

Niel Revil on a one off visit to Sheffield and called to see us.

DSCN7208.jpg

Two newcomers, Jean Higginbottam and Linda Goddard. (Bossy Boots).

DSCN7206.jpg

Ken and George.

DSCN7198.jpg

Linda and Mick.

DSCN7213-1.jpg

Mick and Roy.

DSCN7207.jpg

Steve.

DSCN7212.jpg

Jean Margaret and Sheila enjoying themselves.

DSCN7210.jpg

All smiles. Eddie, Joan and Jean.

DSCN7200.jpg

Carl Lamb.

DSCN7209.jpg

Seth and Dave.

DSCN7199.jpg

Jean Dave and Seth.

DSCN7201.jpg

Jeanette and Richard Sharpe.

DSCN7215.jpg

Claire, Lisa and Linda.

DSCN7211.jpg

Dave and Mick.

DSCN7197.jpg

Ray Whelan, Jean Higginbottam’s husband and Seth Fothergill.

DSCN7216.jpg

Richard and Niel.

DSCN7204.jpg

Rita Sharpe, Sue Davies and Angela Wright. Angela has made a full recovery after a recent operation.

DSCN7203.jpg

Eddy Greenwood, Mick Buck and Wife.

DSCN7202.jpg

To finish off: Living too far away to join us, but with us in spirit, the people who started it all, Skippy and Dors. A big thanks, from all of us.

scan0040.jpg

So there you go, I think the smiles on faces says it all. If I’ve got any names or spellings wrong, or you would like more surnames, let me know. Alan Green and a few more left before I got into photo mode. Thanks, Ralph.

Edited by cat631
Added another photo.

Hi all, just got home to darn sarf. It was wonderful to meet everyone at The Ball, what a great ending to our holiday in good old Sheffield. (It's right what they say, "You can take the man out of Sheffield but you can't take Sheffield out of the man") A BIG THANK YOU to the Ball for putting on a great spread and putting up with us lot. If it's at all possible I'll be there for the next reunion.

Great photos Cat, I'll put on the ones I took as soon as I'm awake enough to do so.

i enjoyed the pictures heres to the next reunion