Anyone come from Grimesthorpe? (Part 2)

Have sent you a pm. Do you know what happened to Jacqueline Heap? I last heard that she had joined the Air Force? Do you remember burying the dead shrew in a tobacco tin in St Thomas Churchyard?

I have no idea what happened to jacqueline Heap perhaps geotom can help out there.

Gosh I'd forgotten about our little funeral ceremony the grave yard was one of our favourite haunts as was the "hollers" and the bars and old allotments near ready mixed concrete. can you remember picking sweet peas and roses for our mums.

Hi CeeBeeBee

I will help you out with regards to Doyle

She has a VERY cheeky brother :hihi:

Hi Nettie

Flo has helped me out there I ought to have guessed. Does Doyle live near me now?

Did you know Janet Brewin she lived at the bottom of Moss st right hand side going down,she was on the class photo 57/58 that Gemini2 put on the first part of "Anyone come from Grimesthorpe"

Have sent you a P M.....Janet

Hi CeeBeeBee

I will help you out with regards to Doyle

She has a VERY cheeky brother :hihi:

How very dare you, I resemble that remark.

I have no idea what happened to jacqueline Heap perhaps geotom can help out there.

Gosh I'd forgotten about our little funeral ceremony the grave yard was one of our favourite haunts as was the "hollers" and the bars and old allotments near ready mixed concrete. can you remember picking sweet peas and roses for our mums.

Last I heard of Jacqueline Heap she had re- married

and took over a pub in Ecclesfield, which is now closed, and that is a couple of years ago.

Vividly. I have a photograph somewhere of a Circle outing to Bakewell, it's in the park by the swings and has about 10 children on it with Mrs Watson. We loved the graveyard there too! Do you remember rehearsing in the Guild Room for a show that I don't think ever actually happened? Songs from the Sound of Music and I seem to remember "Put on a Happy Face"! We must have been about 11?

Here's a bit of memorabilia for you all, thanks to Sheila.

scan0042.jpg

scan0043.jpg

scan0044.jpg

scan0045.jpg

I only know the first two, where are the other two ?

Here's a bit of memorabilia for you all, thanks to Sheila.

scan0042.jpg

scan0043.jpg

scan0044.jpg

scan0045.jpg

I only know the first two, where are the other two ?

morning trev/dors,other two newhall rd and attercliffe rd near worksop rd.hope you enjoyed them thought you'd like to frame them.sunk a few in whoker eh trev.:love:sheila xx

morning trev/dors,other two newhall rd and attercliffe rd near worksop rd.hope you enjoyed them thought you'd like to frame them.sunk a few in whoker eh trev.:love:sheila xx

if i remember correctly they called the pub the lodge, thats coming from attercliffe.:thumbsup:

Never went in the Whoka Sheila, the Crown was my local when we lived with Dor's Gran, along with the Alex and the club.

Our favourite and the place we met was the good old Cannon Hall.

Never went in the Whoka Sheila, the Crown was my local when we lived with Dor's Gran, along with the Alex and the club.

Our favourite and the place we met was the good old Cannon Hall.

tell ya trev down to last few brain cells.:loopy:

Hi Cat, Enjoyed seeing the pic of the Sunbeam. You forgot to tell me about the bra straps and knicker elastic! You dirty little boy! I remember the place smelling of oranges and ciggy smoke. Always looked forward to the icecream lady with her tray hanging round her neck and her little light shining on the choc ices. See you at the quiz!