Anyone come from Grimesthorpe? (Part 2)

Hi all. Glad you had a good reunion,I'm sorry I missed it. I've just caught up with all the postings. (It's a long story, trying to get my head round a new computer) Piggy Green's horse n cart was mentioned, I can recall having a ride on it, when I was going home from school one day. I think he must have worked for the council, because he went along shoveling the piles of dirt into the cart, that the road sweeper had left. Then he took it to a council yard at the top of Dunmow road. Can anyone else remember that yard? It was a long time ago, some of you wouldn't have even been born. Can you tell me who has been bullied of this site? And does anyone still hear from lalola.

Well the studying is officially over, I've passed my dissertation and come out with a 2.1 degree with honours in nursing. Which means I can now keep up to date with the thread without trying to sneak a look while I was supposed to be studying:-) x

Well the studying is officially over, I've passed my dissertation and come out with a 2.1 degree with honours in nursing. Which means I can now keep up to date with the thread without trying to sneak a look while I was supposed to be studying:-) x

Hi janie-m

Congratulations and Well Done :clap::clap:

Hope to see a lot more posting on the

Grimesthorpe thread from now on. :thumbsup:

Hi KayLis, I remember Janice Grainger very well and the Wildgoose girls who lived in the next yard to us on Rothay Road. What year were you a train bearer?

Janice had a brother Malcolm and the Wildgooses were Karen and Andrea-I havent seen or heard from any since I was 8. I was a train bearer in 1961 or 62

Well done JannieM. youv'e made us all proud

Hi martS5 :wave:

Welcome to the thread.

I see you mention the Morleys

I have recently had contact from a Karen Vikki Morley

but unfortunately cannot put a face to the name

would she be one of the Morleys you remember?

I seem to remember a Vicky Morley living in the prefabs on Margate Drive. I think she was cousin to Valerie Howson, who also lived in the prefabs. I think Valerie moved to Torquay some years ago.

Well done Janie-M. Must be a relief to get it over with! Good luck for the future.

Dors.

Well done Janie-M. Must be a relief to get it over with! Good luck for the future.

Dors.

Congrats Janie-M from me also,:thumbsup: and best wishes to beehive boy on your birthday, :partyhat:

Well done JANIE-M. good luck .xxxx

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BEEHIVE BOY

Hope you have a great day :banana::banana:

Edited by cosywolf
font size

Oh NO not part two my ulcer is begining to ack up again

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BEEHIVE BOY

Hope you have a great day :banana::banana:

Happy Birthday:clap::clap:

You must be very near to retirement now eh :thumbsup: