Advice needed about a customers dog

oh my god who rattled your cage!!! thats not your opinion thats you having a go just for sake of it. you did not even ask for any elaboration of the subject. The poor dog is on his last legs. its so very sad to see an animal like that and the owners are selfish to not realise he needs some kind of help, either visiting a vet for advice or for him to be put down. either way the OP was ONLY ASKING FOR ADVICE. is that so wrong??

it would be extremely unprofessional of the OP to carry on taking money for grooming a very poorly dog and not caring about him. yoiu know "sod him just want my money". the OP OBVIUOSLY DOES CARE about him. which in my eyes shows high professionalism. some owners may be blind to things thro love to the animal that others away from them can see. a soft spoken word or hint could be just what they need.

I dont think lying would help, now that would be unprofessional cuddlycats dont you think.

You may think Cuddlycats post was a little harsh, however your harsh response back doesnt make you any better im afriad :rolleyes:

I have to slightly agree with cuddlycats (perhaps her post could have been put a little sweeter) BUT she has a point, asking for advice is one thing, however I think she would have been best leaving the breed of the dog out of the post to ensure her client remains totally anon, For all the people having a go at cuddlycats, you need to remember asking for advice is fine however stating the breed of the dog narrows down very much which client it is, and that part of her post is unprofessional (not the rest of the post).

Its perhaps a case that they do know but its a harsh reality and it does not make them selfish fishpole, it only makes them selfish if this has been going on for a long period of time, It could be that they are under the vets observation. I dont think people should be stating things like 'selfish etc....when they dont know the full situation. There is too much on this forum of this as it is without the people who own this dog reading this thread. Its a hard decision to make.

I wouldn't have disagreed with you had there not been an issue of cruelty.

Seeking advice is not unprofessional, there have been no names mentioned, no area specified, it's a storm in a teacup created by you. I have to wonder about your vehemence Cuddlycats.

Your attitude leaves alot to be desired, It is not a storm in a teacup at all, it is a senstive subject. By stating the breed and age it does narrow it down alot actually. Cuddlycats main point I think is not the asking for advice part its the details that have been included, its not a most popular breed and with the age it wouldnt take einstien to work out if you were the owner or not. Lets leave the direct attitude fishpole for something more constructive dont ya think!

maybe I was loopylass, but I was outraged at her having a go for someone who was only asking for advice. as the op stated, the owners did not lived in sheffield so would have no desire for this forum. she was out of order for the way she went off. I maintain my stand in my thread. I never knew asking for advice was such a bad thing.

the breed of dog matters not as I would imagine there is more than 1 dog in a breed and therefore could be directed at any number of people the op has as customers.

I do think that asking for some kind of help in reference to such a sad and delicate situation was a good thing. it gets all sorts of responses and such helps op handle the matter. having a go at someone who is only trying to help is hardly helping is it.

I would happily let my dog go to OP and would glady take any advice from as the profession this person is in they must have great wealth of knowledge to offer. not saying they expert but they could be!

ever heard a problem shared is a problem halved. well I go with that and would like to think others would do the same, sad world if we all like cuddlycats and loopylass

maybe I was loopylass, but I was outraged at her having a go for someone who was only asking for advice. as the op stated, the owners did not lived in sheffield so would have no desire for this forum. she was out of order for the way she went off. I maintain my stand in my thread. I never knew asking for advice was such a bad thing.

the breed of dog matters not as I would imagine there is more than 1 dog in a breed and therefore could be directed at any number of people the op has as customers.

I do think that asking for some kind of help in reference to such a sad and delicate situation was a good thing. it gets all sorts of responses and such helps op handle the matter. having a go at someone who is only trying to help is hardly helping is it.

I would happily let my dog go to OP and would glady take any advice from as the profession this person is in they must have great wealth of knowledge to offer. not saying they expert but they could be!

ever heard a problem shared is a problem halved. well I go with that and would like to think others would do the same, sad world if we all like cuddlycats and loopylass

The last bit of your post is a direct insult to myself and cuddlycats and not something which i believe this forum supports. And if you actualy take the time to read my post I have said there is nothing wrong with asking for help (which makes your point invalid) all I have said is it is unprofessional to included the age and breed). Perhaps reading my post again and then apologising would be the best thing for you to do at this stage. As I am sure it would not be a sad world if everyone was like me and though 'yes its ok to ask for advice but leave the details out' :rolleyes: And regarding whether they live in Sheffield or not it is irrelevant, anyone can access the sheffield forum.

Nice to meet you olliemol, i dont believe ive had the pleasure before :)

aah you know my opinion your opinion, you say tomarto, I say tomayto. so it seems we differ. no insults were made only stated sad world if we all alike. no insults intend. no apologies necessary. and yes anyone can access the forum but not everyone does really do they.

but we all getting off main point. scanty details help no one. sometimes you have to put more details to get right advice.

oh and nice to meet you cuddlycats, no dont think we had pleasure before.

I for one hope that the OP has a lighter mind now with all the points made. a wide choice to muse over. and hopefully can make some judgement regarding the poor wee dog.

When i first asked for advice i kept it short and brief,obviously only put in the basic info,cos there is more to the story which is why it makes the situation even more sad. When i wrote it was very upset at how bad he was from the last visit,looking back maybe i should not of put the breed it wasn't something i was really thinking about at the time,the state of him was what i was thinking about to be honest,as previously stated how anyone on here can identify who it is i really don't know. For quite a while now given them hints etc hoping they would pick up on how bad he now is but to no avail thats why i ended up on here for help.........i will apologise for putting his breed but i will not apologise for thinking that it's cruel,and that they are making him suffer.......

So Olliemol im wrong by thinking she shouldnt have put the breed and age in am i????Unfortunately, it is unprofessional. The rest of her post was fine as I said.

Lets hope the owners dont read this and make a formal complaint, because they could with the breed and age being disclosed.

However yes like I have said Hodgepig the rest of your post for advice is totaly fine and I hope whatever the decision they make the right one for the dog.

I think hodgepig right in OP. was worried about the dog. I am no judge or jury, I am merely stating my opinion. we all have one. you have yours I have mine. why you getting all het up loopylass, you missing wider picture by miles by getting het up. wider picture is there is a dog who is suffering and who's owners may be taking it hard trying to come to terms with the enivetable (wrong spelling). OP just worried and that is heartfelt to hear. is extremely hard to find the right words to say to the owners, who could not have noticed, or dont think its as bad as it is, or just to sad to face it. our disagreements blocking the thread. I would hate to have to go through this with my dog and can only sympathise with this situation.

I hope OP can help the owners with this. would imagine if they so worried and upset over it then no doubt in my mind they will. now Im now off as I dont want to be on this thread when its all mixed up with people disagreeing with others. bigger picture here. very sad bigger picture, happy trolling

Edited by olliemol

I think hodgepig right in OP. was worried about the dog. I am no judge or jury, I am merely stating my opinion. we all have one. you have yours I have mine. why you getting all het up loopylass, you missing wider picture by miles by getting het up. wider picture is there is a dog who is suffering and who's owners may be taking it hard trying to come to terms with the enivetable (wrong spelling). OP just worried and that is heartfelt to hear. is extremely hard to find the right words to say to the owners, who could not have noticed, or dont think its as bad as it is, or just to sad to face it. our disagreements blocking the thread. I would hate to have to go through this with my dog and can only sympathise with this situation.

I hope OP can help the owners with this. would imagine if they so worried and upset over it then no doubt in my mind they will. now Im now off as I dont want to be on this thread when its all mixed up with people disagreeing with others. bigger picture here. very sad bigger picture, happy trolling

Trolling? Your getting patheitic. I was stating a point at the beginning when every1 ganged up on Cuddlycats, you werent seeing the picture then. So do not call me a troll, you have no right. Goodybe.

So Olliemol im wrong by thinking she shouldnt have put the breed and age in am i????Unfortunately, it is unprofessional. The rest of her post was fine as I said.

Lets hope the owners dont read this and make a formal complaint, because they could with the breed and age being disclosed.

I am a groomer and like all groomers, we all groom old Bichons and old Cockers and old Labradors, need I go on, there is absolutely no way that the owner can identify the dog or the groomer from the OP... so back on topic. Hodgepig I do sympathise with your post, it is a situation I have found myself in many times. Vets will not advise owners to pts, which is very sad, as many animals suffer long miserable lives because of it.

I really dont know what to suggest and I dont know the answer chuck.

Your attitude leaves alot to be desired, It is not a storm in a teacup at all, it is a senstive subject. By stating the breed and age it does narrow it down alot actually. Cuddlycats main point I think is not the asking for advice part its the details that have been included, its not a most popular breed and with the age it wouldnt take einstien to work out if you were the owner or not. Lets leave the direct attitude fishpole for something more constructive dont ya think!

If you read back Looopylass, you'll see that I made several references to the delicate position Hodgepig is in. That's exactly why I think it is unfair to say she has been unprofessional for seeking opinion on whether to speak out or not.

The storm in a teacup comment was actually in reference to the suggestion that the owner is "surely" going to recognise their dog from the very ambiguous details given. Whilst we don't actually know where the dog lives, people have assumed, because the post is on Sheffield Forum, that it must be here. If that assumption were right, there is a population of approximately half a million living in the City. In my opinion, it is rather short-sighted to imagine that there could only be ONE dog that fits the sketchy description posted.

Gemima's post also demonstrates that this is not an uncommon situation. If someone recognises their own similar situation by virtue of this thread, I don't think that will have been a bad thing from any dog's perspective, so it may have been constructive in that respect.

Personally, I think Hodgepig is in a very tough position. If she continues to groom the dog, she has to continually witness it's sad demise but if she refused, to save herself the upset, the dog would more than likely suffer further because of the problems of matting and the odour that she mentioned. I don't think she needed berating for being concerned over a dog's welfare and it would worry me more that a groomer didn't care.

Hodgepig, has this thread served it's purpose?