Loving home needed for a small dog

I've had some chats with a new member about the sad situation she has found herself in.

Her elderly uncle has to go into a residential care home, but she needs to find a good home for his dog.

She is a small cross breed that is spayed but will need a full course of vaccinations to bring her up to date. She is approximately 10/11 years old and very affectionate. As she has lived with an elderly gentleman, she isn't used to other animals or small children and I'm sure that Debs will post to clarify how much contact she has had with either.

This little dog sounds absolutely perfect for an active pensioner. I know they are out there and someone will find themselves with a loving companion if they take up this offer.

It's a terribly difficult situation to be in and I hope that we can find a loving home for her, I'm sure her owner would settle into his home with a lighter heart knowing that his dog has too.

Aww poor thing :(

If you could post more details & some pics, I'll pester all the people at work that I usually pester to rescue a dog!!

Good luck xx

Hi every one

just trying to find nice new loveing home for lovely Jessie Doodle, sad circumstances, not only elderly uncle going into nurseing home, but in a week or so, Jess wont have a home...this is getting very desperate and upsetting for me and my mother, we already have an 11yr old fine pooch, who suffers from Cardiomyopathy, so cant take Jess on, we are at our wits end, we do not want to have to take Jess to the big sleep, its just not fair, she is healthy, active, loveing......if any one knows of any one that would be able to give her a new home or help in any way..Ie Foster home, till i could get perm home sorted... More details can be found on http://www.preloved.co.uk. Thanks all!:help:

Debs do you have the link to the advert for Jessie, has the link you have put just takes you to preloved,

Good luck am sure someone can help, wish i could but i have other dogs.

if you type 'Jessie' into the search on the main page, it comes up first :)

Jess looks a little sweetie, time is a little short really and as you probably don't know everything about her there seems little point in filling out the template at the moment, just to clarify, on preloved you say that she is 13 but on here you say 10/11, might be good if you could find out her age a bit more accurately.

The next step I think is to get her advertised as quickly as possible in as many places as you possibly can, firstly start by pm'ing rainrescue on here and ask if she might feature Jess on her rescue website, then contact Rotherham dog rescue (the link is to the contact form) and ask as well, you will be able to leave the dog in her own home to advertise on both sites, then join Dog pages (the link is to the relevant part where you need to post) you need to become a member first, though I will post for you if you give me enough details if you would like?

Plenty to be going at there I think, but get on to it all asap as time is not on your side now.

Good luck :)

http://static.preloved.co.uk/uploads/userphotos/09/0323/1373344-366m.jpg

the above link should take you to a pic of Jessie

and here is her advert-

http://www.preloved.co.uk/fuseaction-adverts.showadvert/index-1031745112/b675e9c4.html

she looks a smashing dog. Hope you find somewhere for her debs x

Edited by sezbetz

Hello, have you tried the other rescue centres around the area. I can't believe that you're even suggesting that you might 'have to' have her killed.

Try Sheffield dog Rescue on 0114 255 0469‎ or 01246 568742‎, south yorkshire animal rescue on 0114 234 9656‎. ALSO RAIN RESCUE is a small group of volunteers who's aims are to help pets that have no owner EMAIL [email protected] PHONE 0845 3978812.

Seriously i am pretty outraged. Do some research, there are many rescue centres out there. keep trying!!!! Meanwhile it would be worth posting more information - has anyone actually tried putting her with another dog? is she known to chase or attack cats? Has anyone tested what she's like with kids? I'm sure these are all things that you can try out. the answers may make it much easier to rehome her. If having done EVERYTHING possible you still cant find a place for her please contact me as I could possibly foster her but she would have to deal with another dog and there are often children & babies visiting. It would also help if you posted a phone number. You can contact me on 07738392005 if you need to as i am rarely on the forum.

Rain Rescue are not taking any more dogs into their care - due to lack of help from volunteers - so they aren't an option.

Maybe the RSPCA could help - or the oldies

Rain Rescue can offer that u can email a picture and a write up and we will put her up on the website which may get some people to help.

this is just one of many desperate dogs needing homes - hopefully as you have her best interest at heart - you will keep trying - its a very sad situation in our area.

Well fishpole works with Sheffield dog rescue and i am sure she would have offered help if they could.

Have you tried the oldies club? http://www.oldies.org.uk/

What is she like with other dogs i.e. just not used to them or aggressive? Would you be prepared to have her fostered with a forum member while a home was sought but with you covering vets bills etc. if any were needed?

I'm sure Sheffield Dog Rescue would help out Adz, but I was hoping that someone might step forward to avoid her having to go into kennels at all. We know how the oldies get stuck once they're in and that's heartbreaking.

Forest, I think that's a very kind offer to foster as the situation is rather desperate, which is probably why there is an element of panic to Deb's post. I agree there are steps that should be taken to establish how Jessie would react in certain situations. Perhaps Debs needs some guidance from us all as to how she can take it forward from here.

I'm sure Cassie won't have to be put to sleep but I can sympathise with the panic and I feel terribly sorry for her owner.

I've already suggested Cinnamon Trust and thought today of the Oldies Club, so you beat me to it Adz. :)

The timeline does seem to be short, but with a calm approach it could be achieved.