Shopping online at Asda

I have been doing my main shopping online for quite a few weeks now, mainly with Tesco for the points. On average I am saving around £15 per week, because I am not impulse buying.

The main downside is the offers - say you buy something on a B.O.G.O.F and only one is available, you get charged full price. This is fair enough, but it can be a pain especially when ordering meal deals etc. Also with Tesco, if they substitute a product with a higher priced product, they charge the extra. Asda on the other hand don't, which is great:)

Use it a lot, don't ever pay for delivery there are so many code's on the net for free delivery I've never paid for it yet!

I have been doing my main shopping online for quite a few weeks now, mainly with Tesco for the points. On average I am saving around £15 per week, because I am not impulse buying.

The main downside is the offers - say you buy something on a B.O.G.O.F and only one is available, you get charged full price. This is fair enough, but it can be a pain especially when ordering meal deals etc. Also with Tesco, if they substitute a product with a higher priced product, they charge the extra. Asda on the other hand don't, which is great:)

If they substitute something I don't like or an offer that they didn't have , I just say no I don't want it and they refund me, you don't have take it.

Use it a lot, don't ever pay for delivery there are so many code's on the net for free delivery I've never paid for it yet!

Care to share your secret?

I forgot to mention about the codes - I use Money saving expert to get them. This week I managed a whopping £10 off & 800 points. this was a one of though, usually i manage to get the cost of the delivery off etc.

yeah we started doing it i love it and asda is getting cheaper

How come when i put an evoucher code in on my asda order that is well within date,

Asda always state that it is no longer applicable.

Ive emailed them about this but no reply.

Used ASDA a few weeks ago and not a single thing was out of stock, only thing they subbed was the cheapo vinegar I ordered for Sarsons. Now I can keep the bottle and refill it muahaha! Only used online as I'd moved into this flat and was getting a lot of bulk things all at once including big things like washing powder. I'd rather go get fruit and veg at the market but if I can get hold of free delivery codes for next time I might do it again.

I know a few people that use online shopping (ASDA) and I've heard good things about it, for instance the I've heard that out of all the stock of stuff, they pick the best of the fruit and veg out for home delivery - not a mark on them.

I've used Asda's online shopping service twice and on both occasions found that some stuff that was delivered was very close to the use by date (the use by date was the day after the delivery!).

I wouldn't use it again for this reason unfortunately.

Thought of another con - it makes occasional shoplifting really difficult...