Mould in my flat for over 2 years

Spend £50 on a dehumidifier, and you will be surprised how much water is in the flat, causing the problem

all that isnt from my bathroom its from my bedroom and livingroom that it has spread too! its destroyed 3 carpets wardrobes curtains etc. my housing assosciation should have sorted it 2 years ago!

What about all the advice given on here about it being condensation. Have you tried ventilation, mopping up or a humidifier? I can't imagine your landlord leaving it two years if it is something they are responsible for. If its a problem in a block of flats, it might be worth finding out if your neighbours also suffer from the same levels of damp? And if they do, have any of them had it sorted out by the housing ass'n?

hi thanks for that reply. i have gone futher... and because of me complaining that nothing has been for 2 years, 2 people from the company have now been sacked but the manager in charge of this case has not looked any further into it and has gone off on holiday for a week. she is doing nothing to help me sort it, at the start i did threaten her with the star and she was all there begging me not to do so, so i gave her the benefit of doubt but she has failed.

like i say i have gone further im now involved with a company called, 'supporting families' they say they can help me with this.

i have been told by inspectors it is lack of ventilation, but what can i do? i keep my windows open as much as possible! the little vents at the top are open 24/7 and i have got a dehumidifier that is emptied 3 times+ a day! its costing me a bomb in gas bills, im cleaning it down constant with bleach, im at a loss as what to do im struggling to move anywere else and i cant decorate! they are doing the bathroom and kitchen in june i thought about decorating then but with the mould not going away i dont know what to do? i cant have any furniture against the walls as it grows on them! its so damn frustrating and yet if they had just sorted it 2 years ago like they should have i wouldnt be in this situation now!

oh and last week i found out that our local office (acisgroup) for tenants has just totally gone without a word of warning, no letters no notice on the door just gone (alison crescent, lower manor) the acis group are totally crap!

i have asked my neighbour who is also ground floor (there are 4 flats altogether 2 up and 2 down) if he has mould and he said yes it smells fusty, but he hasnt complained he isnt botherd as he only sleeps there at night. this flat needs burning to the ground!

and i dont have house insurance.

my next step is to go to the star, and write that letter to the company director i have wrote one to the manager in charge of the case already, but like i said she is doing nothing about it!

they have left it for 2 years, yes my neighbour has it but he hasnt complained as he only sleeps there so he isnt very botherd. i have a dehumidifier, i clean it with bleach and mop the floors every morning as now have no carpets. i will be taking it much further!

i already have one that is emptied 3 times+ a day!

i have been told that it is due to lack of ventilation, but i do have my windows open as much as possible and the vents at the top are open 24/7. i also have a dehumidifier that is emptied 3 times+ a day, im really at a loss as what to do i cant have anything in my flat really without it getting wet or having mould grow on it.

i bought a new book just the other week read the first chapter left it at the side of my bed woke up to find it wet and ruined i had to dry out the book and put it away, to read some other time but when that will be i dont know!?

Have lived in my flat for 9 years, all that time have had damp at the bottom of the stairs (I live in a first floor flat with my own entrance, not shared). The area at the bottom of the stairs is concrete and is always damp. Council have been out and looked at it over the years and say its my dogs peeing at the bottom of the stairs not damp. Er, no it ain't my dogs are housetrained ta and pee smells amoniac not fusty.

What are you doing with dogs in a Council block anyway?

people are entitled to have pets so long as they are treated well, walked, fed and house trained!

people are entitled to have pets so long as they are treated well, walked, fed and house trained!

Not in Council blocks with communal entrances. Well, not cats or dogs usually.

That all depends, Leviathan:- in the smaller blocks of council flats and maisonettes, tenants can keep a dog or cat, with the council's permission

The other tenants of the block also have to agree, and the dog owner must agree to prevent the dog from causing any nuisance. If one other tenant objects, then permission may be refused.

That all depends, Leviathan:- in the smaller blocks of council flats and maisonettes, tenants can keep a dog or cat, with the council's permission

The other tenants of the block also have to agree, and the dog owner must agree to prevent the dog from causing any nuisance. If one other tenant objects, then permission may be refused.

Hi P.T.

I knew that, but the original post is that the tenant was "entitled" to have pets in a Council block. As you say, this is only with permission and has to be allowed, it is not a right.

Did I say I had a communal entrance? No, I did not as I have my own front door so I am not doing anything wrong, if I were do you not think the council would have done something about it by now, I have only had my own dogs for 9 years after all - look at that, the same time as I have had my flat!!!!!