Mould in my flat for over 2 years

iv lived in my flat since march 06 and after a year mould appeard in my bathroom i complained to my housing association (ACIS GROUP) and they said they would sort it. but 2 years, 6 inspectors and 2 managers later nothing has been done! it has now spread from the bathroom to my bedroom and into the living room, destroying alot of things on its way!!!

does anyone think iv got a case to sue them for stress and negligence?? im trying to get compensation for loss of belongings which already totals upto £2,500 though i doubt i will get it all back.

please reply with your thoughts and comments,

thanks

Why didn't you sort it yourself and send them the bill before watching it ruin your belongings? People need to take some responsibility themselves too.

you want to watch your health if there are damp spores in the property, your health could be affected very badly if the spores get in your lungs

you want to watch your health if there are damp spores in the property, your health could be affected very badly if the spores get in your lungs
Oh goodie, more compo.

because they said they would sort it and what if they was to refuse the bill!? i cant afford thousands of pounds for it to be sorted. im young and live alone what am i to do.

because they said they would sort it and what if they was to refuse the bill!? i cant afford thousands of pounds for it to be sorted. im young and live alone what am i to do.
Sit in mould for 2 years, you just be mad. I don't know what sort of mould it is but I can't imagine it costing thousands whatever it is.

iv already got a very sore throat from it. iv had it awhile now, i wake up every morning with my throat killing, coughing and spitting out thick green flem (sorry to be so blunt) lol

Just go to a DIY shop or eBay and get a mould killer, apply and clean all of your home thoroughly. Opening your windows daily will help prevent it as this circulates the air.

the best thing to do is rub yogurt into it we live in a damp house but not any more thanks to yogurt

iv cleaned it loads of times with bleach and i shouldnt have to keep windows open all time, cause im sorry but it aint exactly been warm weather! and i darnt redecorate having the kitchen and bathroom done in june and would like to do bedroom and living room but worried it will come back and destroy new deco.

The mould is caused by bad ventilation.Fit an extractor in your bathroom to take away the steam from your bath or shower and likewise in the kitchen from cooking,don't dry clothes on radiators and open your windows when you can.If you have Upvc windows they usually have a "night vent" facility that allows the sashes to be fractionally open but can still be locked.Some even have trickle vents in the top or the frames,they need to be open to allow some ventilation.If you have a tumble dryer it should have an outside exhaust tube so the hot air isn't circulating back into the flat.Hope this helps.

My son had damp in his bedroom when he was little, he was only in the room for a matter of weeks and he developed pneumonia, the council wouldnt do anything about it until it got to this happening, then 6 months later he got it again, although the damp had been sorted the damage to my son had already been done and he then became prone to it, id do all you can to have it sorted out any way that you can for health reasons not for compo ones.