Earth hour!

of course there is global warming you silly goons!!! dont you watch the news and read the news paper, its all been proven that the ice is melting because of global warming!! like it or lump it cause its a fact!

Yeah. The Jews were behind 9/11 too.

Not to self saturday 2030-2130 turn on as much electrical equipment as possible.

watch this,

your one person saying it wont make a difference but together we will, watch the video you will see!

of course there is global warming you silly goons!!! dont you watch the news and read the news paper, its all been proven that the ice is melting because of global warming!! like it or lump it cause its a fact!

Is that sarcasm? I can't tell if you're joking or you just believe what the TV told you.

no its not sarcasm! i believe in global warming and you should as it is a fact of life!

watch this

Well that's me convinced. (That WAS sarcasm.)

watch this,
your one person saying it wont make a difference but together we will, watch the video you will see!

OK, watched video.

If they have been switching all the lights off for 1 hour for the last 2 years, why isnt the world cooling down??

All it did was create a video of lots of people with candles on youtube, big deal,

I bet most the people who took part last year havent switched their lights off for an hour since last year.

If your going to be aware of the environment and make a differance then do it EVERY DAY! its called being commited to a cause.

Personally i do everything i can to save the environment (recycle, switch everthng off at the mains, dont drive or own a cow!) i'll be damned if i deny myself a lamp to read my book by!

Guest sibon
you will be suprised at how much it will help the planet. when you turn on a lamp after just 5mins that bulb is hot! which is pumping heat into the atmosphere! so millions uniting together for 1 hour will really make that much difference!!!!

count me in anyway!

The planet will be fine, regardless of what we do to it. The human race might have a bit of a problem, but the planet will survive.

All these sort of sickening publicity stunts really do, is to divert attention from the fact that we live a totally unsustainable lifestyle in the west. If you really want to make a difference, get your cheque book out and invest in Honda or BMW who are leading the way in the development of electric cars. That is the sort of thing that will help us to tackle global warming, not sitting in the dark, bored.

If you want any further proof of the futility of these sort of gestures, cast your mind back to the awful Live Earth debacle with all of its extra flights generated, massive stage lighting and global tv broadcast. That was a great idea, lets beat global warming by burning more stuff.

If global warming is real, then I doubt that much can be done to stop it. You can't put the genie back into the bottle. People wont live without cars, tv, electric light, ipods etc etc. No matter how often they are told to by people who think that they know better.

global warming is pretty much a fact...so everyone who doesn't believe in it, you don't have a choice, it is fact.

There's no evidence for it, but it's scientific fact!

When the weird beards actually prove it I'll believe it, until then let them content themselves with mung beans, bicycles and cardigans made from their own earwax.

My office is taking part, we've had self congratulatory emails and messages all week...a bit of an empty and worthless gesture seeing as the office would be empty at the time. If they wanted to try and make an impact they should have done it midweek

Dr. Fox, Brass Eye? :D

Guest sibon

When the weird beards actually prove it I'll believe it, until then let them content themselves with mung beans, bicycles and cardigans made from their own earwax.

Don't be ridiculous. Nobody wears cardigans any more, it is too warm for that sort of clothing.:)