Sick of crap NHS services

I'm not going to get a taxi just to go less than 500 yards, so I call my father in law and ask him if he'll take me to the walk in clinic at hallamshire (I'm not gonna go asking him to take me less than 500 yards either).

So, you're telling us that you were perfectly able to get to the GP. Plenty of people take taxis to and from their GPs, y'know.

Why SHOULD the GP do a home visit to you? Home visits are for people too ill to get out of bed, but not ill enough for an ambulance to hospital.

You're obviously perfectly able to voice your symptons and be forceful on an internet forum. You could have done the same to your GP (had you gone) and politely but firmly stated that two months is long enough and then insisted on an x-ray.

I wonder if you find it easier to moan on here than communicate effectively with health-care professionals?

Believe what you like, but I resent you implying I'm lying, when it is true.

If you want I'll pm you my mother in laws graveyard and plot number and name, you can go visit her if you like, she was only 43.

What's that got to do with anything?

So, you're telling us that you were perfectly able to get to the GP. Plenty of people take taxis to and from their GPs, y'know.

No I'm telling you that it took me a few days from phoning NHS direct, to getting to the clinic at hallamshire, I've never been to my doctors.

Why SHOULD the GP do a home visit to you? Home visits are for people too ill to get out of bed, but not ill enough for an ambulance to hospital.

Which is how I have been for awhile now, I've had the last week in bed, don't believe that either, I had an appointment last week, and missed it, even though they were in my living room and I haven't been fit to get out of bed.

You're obviously perfectly able to voice your symptons and be forceful on an internet forum. You could have done the same to your GP (had you gone) and politely but firmly stated that two months is long enough and then insisted on an x-ray.

Forceful, lol, I'm just debating, sorry if you find it forceful, and yeah I did the above and now have an appointment for an x-ray.

I wonder if you find it easier to moan on here than communicate effectively with health-care professionals?

I've sat and wondered about that too, it may be true, does that make me evil, a demon, a nasty piece of work, unsuitable for aid?

What's that got to do with anything?

Well you said you didn't believe my stories above, I can't prove the broken arm one, but you can either take it or leave it.

My mother in law did have a mole removed that wasn't tested, and it did cause her death, she did not find out she had cancer until it was too late, and little could be done.

She died because of it, my mother in laws best friend, and all our family were gunning for that doctor, they were planning on taking him to court and sueing the NHS.

It was my mother in law that talked them out of it, her view was that mistakes are made, and leave it at that, it was one of her dying wishes, she didn't want her doctor losing his job because of one mistake.

Well you said you didn't believe my stories above, I can't prove the broken arm one, but you can either take it or leave it.

My mother in law did have a mole removed that wasn't tested, and it did cause her death, she did not find out she had cancer until it was too late, and little could be done.

She died because of it, my mother in laws best friend, and all our family were gunning for that doctor, they were planning on taking him to court and sueing the NHS.

It was my mother in law that talked them out of it, her view was that mistakes are made, and leave it at that.

If you want to score cheap hits I can tell you that my dad dropped dead from a heart attack aged 43, we didn't blame anyone else for his faulty heart.

If you want to score cheap hits I can tell you that my dad dropped dead from a heart attack aged 43, we didn't blame anyone else for his faulty heart.

Who is scoring cheap hits, incompetence is incompetence no matter whos to blame in whatever profession they are in.

You can defend incompetence if you like, that is your choice, your life.

No I'm telling you that it took me a few days from phoning NHS direct, to getting to the clinic at hallamshire, I've never been to my doctors.... I had an appointment last week, and missed it.

The Sloan surgery refused to see me unless I go to them ...I'm not going to get a taxi just to go less than 500 yards.

I've sat and wondered about that too, it may be true, does that make me evil, a demon, a nasty piece of work, unsuitable for aid?

Um. What I'm saying is a) you haven't given your GP a chance yet you're moaning about them and b) being unassertive and even uncommunicative doesn't make you unsuitable for aid, but what it does make you is difficult to treat!

How about taking a friend or your dad with you to the GPs next time you're unwell, to help you say what you want to say? Or how about writing down what you feel so you can either read it out or ask them to read it for themselves? :)

Who is scoring cheap hits, incompetence is incompetence no matter whos to blame in whatever profession they are in.

You can defend incompetence if you like, that is your choice, your life.

You implied at the start of this thread that everyone and everything about the NHS is crap when it simply isn't.

Um. What I'm saying is a) you haven't given your GP a chance yet you're moaning about them and b) being unassertive and even uncommunicative doesn't make you unsuitable for aid, but what it does make you is difficult to treat!

Well I don't happen to have any communications problems that I know of, I'm perfectly capable of giving an exact description of my symptoms.

I have given exact symptoms to four different people in the NHS now, the lady on NHS direct (that most people slag off, but she was correct).

The guy at the walk in clinic, who gave funny looks, and said he couldn't hear anything in my chest, of course not, I'd already spent three hours coughing it all up, if he wants to hear it then best time would be in a morning when I'm coughing it up.

Explained the same thing to my doctor, and she happens to have given me the course of action that NHS direct advised the other day.

And the receptionist, who I suspect never gave the exact symptoms to my doctor as I did, else my doctor would have sorted me out there and then, over the phone if need be.

Now as it turns out, I didn't need my doctor to come out, I was advised to ask for it by NHS direct, my doctor has listened to my symptoms, and prescribed a course of action, to which I am happy with.

Because now I have a hope of this infection not lasting as long as I fear it will, if not getting worse.

Edited by Digsy

You implied at the start of this thread that everyone and everything about the NHS is crap when it simply isn't.

please let me know where I implied that, I stated the situation I was in, and what is happening at that moment in time.

Believe me if I thought everything about the NHS was crap I wouldn't imply it, I would have named this thread, "The NHS is crap".

And not "sick of crap NHS services".

I think you are just reading what you want, and slapping on whatever demonistic view it is that you have on me.

Which I respect, that's your perception, I'll inform you it is wrong, but I don't think you'll listen.

In fact I'll wait for the next dig.

So far you've called me a waste of NHS resources and a liar.

Tell me why I should entertain you any further, I have dished you no insult as far as I'm aware.

Edited by Digsy

I think we will fight to the death on this one. If you've only ever had good experiences then obviously you will have a good opinion - but we're not all so lucky.

my son had a chest infection when he was a couple of months old......i kept taking him to doctors and hospital and they kept telling me it was just a common cold and as you can proberly guess they just gave me calpol....so we tried to ride it out the day before christmas eve i took him back to hospital because he more or less couldnt be breath we were they for hours before they actually realised it was a chest infection needless to say we had to stay in hospital and he ended up having drips in him and everything it was horrible i just assume it wouldnt have got that bad if they had actually noticed a chest infection.. its stupid....but i will know for next time to tell the doctors and nurses whats up with him because i seemed to know more than them at the time...