Sick of crap NHS services

But I've had all this trouble and I'm only 24 it doesn't give me much faith and has actually put me off going to seek medical help if I need it.

You hypochondriacs seem to think that by not going for medical attention you are somehow doing the NHS down. When you have cut off your nose to spite your face they will sew it back on again regardless of cost and without making any judgement, that's why the NHS is a good system.

Digsy,I'd like to bet you're smoking a lot if you can't get out the house.How many a day?(ps, whatever you answer I'll think double!,everyone lies!!)I too am a dedicated smoker but I'm trying to stop and if it made me feel as bad as you do I would have stopped years ago.I'd really like to think this is a wind up but if it's not then you are certainly a hypercondriach and need to make more effort for yourself!The world does not owe you a living or indeed a life,so pull yourself together and sort yourself out.

You hypochondriacs seem to think that by not going for medical attention you are somehow doing the NHS down. When you have cut off your nose to spite your face they will sew it back on again regardless of cost and without making any judgement, that's why the NHS is a good system.

I can assure you I'm not a hypochondriac like I said the treatment they gave me should never have been given to me it was them who told me I was ill. And the operation I had was to remove pre cancerous cells you know that thing thats been all over the news just lately.

I can assure you I'm not a hypochondriac like I said the treatment they gave me should never have been given to me it was them who told me I was ill. And the operation I had was to remove pre cancerous cells you know that thing thats been all over the news just lately.

So because of your negative experiences you wouldn't seek medical attention if you were ill? That's just plain stoopid.

Digsy,I'd like to bet you're smoking a lot if you can't get out the house.How many a day?(ps, whatever you answer I'll think double!,everyone lies!!)I too am a dedicated smoker but I'm trying to stop and if it made me feel as bad as you do I would have stopped years ago.I'd really like to think this is a wind up but if it's not then you are certainly a hypercondriach and need to make more effort for yourself!The world does not owe you a living or indeed a life,so pull yourself together and sort yourself out.

In that case I'll type a porkie and say 10 cigs a day (20ish in reality).

I don't really count them, but me and my wife go through 1 - 1,1/2 pouch of 50g tobacco per week.

And I'm told I make roll ups thinner than prison fags, I wouldn't know, never seen a prison fag.

I keep saying I'll quit, but never actually manage it, maybe one day I will.

Where did that last bit come from, the world don't owe me a living or a life, ok whatever that it means.

Your right I should pull myself together and sort myself out, which will be done when this headache ends.

So because of your negative experiences you wouldn't seek medical attention if you were ill? That's just plain stoopid.

Go for medical help, get it through pals, and risk being called a hypocondriac, sponger, etc, for doing so.

Edited by Digsy

Of course I would have to seek medical help if I was seriously ill - why would you even bother saying this. The point I was making is that because I've had a couple of bad experiences I wouldn't feel completely comfortably or confident seeking medical help. We should be able to look to the NHS for assurance and I certainly don't feel assured by them.

Do you work for the NHS Darbees?

You seem to be offended that people are not happy with the service they are getting, and blaming those that request help.

You seem to be offended that people are not happy with the service they are getting, and blaming those that request help.

I was just about to ask that - you must have read my mind. :hihi:

No I don't and I can find plenty of things wrong with it too but mainly on a management level, mostly they do things right at the sharp end despite the non co-operation and over expectations of a lot of their patients, due to the dedication of their long suffering staff.

I'll tell of another story I know.

My mother in law went to the doctors to have a growth removed, apparantly doctors are meant to send them off for testing, to see if it is malignant.

The doctor never sent it of for testing, it was malignant and she was dead within 3 years.

I have little love for the NHS, I have the upmost respect for those that are dedicated to their job, and do a good one at that.

Another story, I once broke my wrist and needed a pot, the lady putting on the pot said "how did you do it", I said "came off my bike", she left all the sharp edges out to rip my arm up.

Went back for another scan, still broken, this lass says "ooh look at the state of your arm" pointing to all the scratched and cut up section.

How did you break it, "came off my bike", was you going fast, "its a moped it don't go over 30, why is it you've made this pot comfortable and the last one ripped my arm up", she said some of the here girls do that to bike riders, they get off on it.

I had to laugh, but it shows you how life is in reality.

Edited by Digsy

I'll tell of another story I know.

My mother in law went to the doctors to have a growth removed, apparantly doctors are meant to send them off for testing, to see if it is malignant.

The doctor never sent it of for testing, it was malignant and she was dead within 3 years.

I have little love for the NHS, I have the upmost respect for those that are dedicated to their job, and do a good on at that.

Another story, I once broke my wrist and needed a pot, the lady putting on the pot said "how did you do it", I said "came off my bike", she left all the sharp edges out to rip my arm up.

Went back for another scan, still broken, this lass says "ooh look at the state of your arm" pointing to all the scratched and cut up section.

How did you break it, "came off my bike", was you going fast, "its a moped it don't go over 30, why is it you've made this pot comfortable and the last one ripped my arm up", she said some girls do that to bike riders.

Don't believe you.

Don't believe you.

Believe what you like, but I resent you implying I'm lying, when it is true.

If you want I'll pm you my mother in laws graveyard and plot number and name, you can go visit her if you like, she was only 43.