The Formula 1 2009 Thread

And who designed & developed the car in question?....

Oh. That's right, "Ross Brawn & Co".

Qualifying was certainly interesting.

Yeah Ross Brawn obviously had a huge influence on the development of the car, I'm not disputing that. But to refer to them as an 'independent team doing well' is a little misleading really.

Didn't Adolf Hitler invent the 'Brawn rear diffuser'? That's why Eva always had a smile on her face.:)

i see both Brawn cars are on the front row of the grid for the race -with Jenson Button on pole . wait for the complaints after the race if one of them win

Well done to Jenson good win.

Rubens very lucky not to get into trouble with Stewards.

Well done Lewis once again starting right at the back of the grid and to end up getting 4th with a car that is a second off the pace. Thought he got past Trulli to finish 3rd but obviously not.

Great race although just like last season full of appeals and protests.

Yeah Ross Brawn obviously had a huge influence on the development of the car, I'm not disputing that. But to refer to them as an 'independent team doing well' is a little misleading really.

OK, so maybe the term independent doesn't apply 100% to them as Honda did put a lot of money into this car, but, to take over a team, work a new engine into the car, then be competitive is extraordinary given the time they had.

Absolutely brilliant weekend and a great start to the season!

Rubens very lucky not to get into trouble with Stewards.

What wasn't obvious on first glance was that he was hit by Raikkonen from behind and was bumped into the other car. His car did well not to be damaged from that!

OK, so maybe the term independent doesn't apply 100% to them as Honda did put a lot of money into this car, but, to take over a team, work a new engine into the car, then be competitive is extraordinary given the time they had.

Absolutely brilliant weekend and a great start to the season!

Totally agree. A win for Button and a double retirement for Ferrari - couldn't have asked for a better start to the season really. I wonder now how many of the Hamilton bandwagon jumpers will switch allegiance back to Button if Brawn keep their pace up through the season.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/motorsport/formulaone/lewishamilton/5070228/Lewis-Hamilton-promoted-to-third-place-at-Australian-Grand-Prix.html

Looks like Lewis got promoted to 3rd.

The penalty is understood to have been imposed on the Italian after he passed Hamilton under yellow flags following the crash involving Sebastien Vettel and Robert Kubica, forcing the stewards to intervene.[/Quote]

I was thinking that at the time.

After the crash they said Hamilton was in 3rd and then under the safety car Trulli appeared to be in 3rd.

A good day for the Brits, a win for Button and a totally unexpected 3rd place for Hamilton.

what a race to start the season -brilliant for jenson and lewis.

When the Brawns are thrown out of the race for illegal diffuser (remember they ran under appeal), Hamilton will end up being the winner. Can you believe it?

When the Brawns are thrown out of the race for illegal diffuser (remember they ran under appeal), Hamilton will end up being the winner. Can you believe it?

I doubt the race results will get over turned.